Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Photos of High Award Winners RKT and above !!

Article about: A new section to post original photographs of those who were holders of the Ritterkreuz and it's higher orders !! - - Updated - - Oberleutnant Wolfgang Ryll 13.10.1941 Oberleutnant Führer 5.

?

Havent IDed him either, sadly. It seems he wears the Narvik Shield too, so I wonder if Paul may recognize him?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photos of High Award Winners RKT and above !!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photos of High Award Winners RKT and above !!
    P
    Many

?

I like the shine on the cross in this image, SS-Brigadeführer Otto Gieseke
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photos of High Award Winners RKT and above !!  

?

Nice photo Adam!!!!

I found out today after some research, that the RKT and Narvikschild holder in my photo Is Oberst Arthur Haussels....Kommander of II./GJ-Rgt 139. He died in a hospital in Naples, Italy after being wounded in North Afrika, according to what I read.
    If anyone has any extra info, Id be happy to hear it!
    Attached Images Attached Images Photos of High Award Winners RKT and above !! 

very nice pics Bill

?

Default Haussels

Nice pics Bill true on death of Haussels.
    Not shown on pic is the Spange of the Iron Cross 2nd Class which he was awarded.
    Posthumous Oberst backdated 1/2/43
    Harmel

?

Quote by Adam M View Post
    Me too Excellent photograph!

?

Thanks guys.

Interesting about the Spange too, thanks. So he was posthumously promoted to Oberst (didn't know), and looks like he is a Major in this pic, unless there is a pip I cant see. Looking forward to digging into his service a bit more

And Adam....again, that's an awesome photo. Wonder where this pic was taken?

?

He was awarded the RK on September 30th 1942, my guess would be this pic was taken somewhere on the eastern front

Default Major Georg Briel Award

I recently was able to acquire this picture of Major Georg Briel, Knight's Cross winner with an award on his breast pocket that has been identified as
    'The Order of the Star of Romania'. No where has any information surfaced that indicated he was awarded this Award. Does anyone have any information about where or when he was awarded this award?Photos of High Award Winners RKT and above !!

?

Quote by Adam M View Post
    Photo taken whilst he was commanding SS Polizei Regt 1 of the SS Polizei Division , this is in the Armee Gruppe Nord area around Leningrad

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast