Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Possible fake signed photo in the classifieds?

Article about: Gents, This signed postcard has been flagged to me as being a fake. I have read a discussion about it on another forum where it was outed. As it is for sale here, I would like it to be discu

Default Re: Possible fake signed photo in the classifieds?

Why dont you get your facts straight before you make inflammatory statements questioning my credibility. This is the same kind of crap that goes on over at that other forum which is why your right I was banned, not several times, once and it was because I let my emotions get the best of me. Its hard standing up for what you know is right in the face of people who simply discount something without any basis or reason. Give no answers to the questions you asked them and instead of directing their opinions towards the piece, they start to evolve the conversation into a personal attack.

I have to ask you...what is your point in bringing a arguement that I had with a couple of idiots on another forum have to do with this piece here and now? Are you saying that the opinions of people in that other forum should be included here?

And why the attack on me? "So now it seems that a friend of yours has suddenly remembered he wants the card and you've sent it to him, thus excusing you from any defence of this card and signature and seeminly absolving you of any responsibility for it here. Lucky coincidence for you!".....what is that suppose to mean?? I would have expected more from a moderator on this site especially. I have defended my position on this card to the point of exhaustion. Why dont you scroll back up and read.

Its this kind of loose talk....like I havent backed up my opinions with facts that is just not worth it to me. It would appear you are guilty of the same thing by your baseless comments here and now, which is more of a personal attack on my charachter presuming that I would put anything for sale on here that was fake or not authentic. Just like you I assume, I have worked very hard to have what I have and maybe not just like you, I defend those with a passion.

I feel an appology is in order for your remarks you made in your post. I hope you will man up and see it for what it was. A personal jab at me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible fake signed photo in the classifieds?
    P
    Many

?

Matt,

You know there was doubt over the signature on the card. You tried selling it elsewhere and that doubt was discussed there. You also tried selling other items there which turned out to be fake and you were banned from there, on more than one occasion as anyone who cares to look can see.
    You then turn up here, cast doubt over other original items in the classifieds with no good reason and yet slip this questionable piece in for sale yourself. When it gets called out for discussion, you remove the advert claiming that within the last few hours since the discussion has started, a friend of yours remembered he wanted the card and now you've sent it to that person. That is a coincidence.

You say that there are many reasons for the differences in the signature, any signature. By that reasoning, you must also admit it's therefore impossible to verify any signature as there are so many variables to take into account so therefore equally impossible for you to say the signature is original.

I brought the 'argument' from WAF here as it pertains to the discussion over the signature. Any potential buyers should be made fully aware of the facts and any other discussions about it. That is why I added the link. Same photo, same signature. Unless there is something to hide, what's the problem with members here reading it?

As a Moderator, I also have to defend fellow members from getting stung by fake items. I also have to defend sellers who are offering original items against other members who question these items and try to say they're fake with no good reason and don't return to back up their claims. This has the potential to tarnish an otherwise good reputation and affect a potential sale. You have done this twice and demonstrated a lack of knowledge in the subject from your reasoning.

If you don't like jabs coming at you then please don't place yourself in the ring.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by LuftCollector View Post

Oh well, I appreciate, I guess everyones opinions and I am sure the intent was to ensure the integrity of the classifieds thread.
    Matt this is exactly why this piece has been called into question !! You are a new member here with no history amongst this online community who has posted a relatively expensive item for sale which has then been found to have been questioned as to it's authenticity on another well known forum from which you have been banned . As your sale post here mentioned none of the problems with the item then i'm sure you as an ex Police officer would understand that people are then going to view that with suspicion especially as unfortuantely our hobby has many fraudsters and scam merchants looking to prey on the unwary and uninformed with that super rare item !!

Unfortunately the fact that suddenly after trying to sell this item on at least two forums an old friend has come along and bought it again adds to the suspicion against it.

I'm not really sure how the fact that you say you are an Ex Cop and ex Army gives you any credibilty and integrity over the next man , i worked in both professions and met many who had these qualities in abundance but also many who had neither !!

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

You can make all of the opinions you would like without getting personal and vindictive. I'll just leave it at that. If you can see what Im getting at then I cant explain any clearer.
    What happened on WAF was my fault and I shouldnt have allowed two certain individuals to bait me into a verbal confrontation but thats what happened and I've learned from it. We all make mistakes and no one is perfect. I respect anyone for standing by their item, regardless of anyones opinion on it, including mine and just because I havent gone back and made an opinion on the items you mentioned that is satisfactory in your opinion has no basis of whether I am right or wrong. You can certainly see from the opinions rendered at my Bleichrodt piece and see that many were made without clearly clarifying why. Enough on the subject. Regardless of what you choose to believe the card is not available anymore and after spending way too much of my time on here trying to explain things. I think I've said enough.

So Paul, what your saying is that I should have placed the AD here and said in the AD that Oh by the way I was banned from WAF for some stupid High School crap and oh ya by the way there were some people there who called into question this piece?? I didnt think anyone cared what people from that forum would have to say and I believe that it was only because I got into it with a couple of members from there that the critique of the Bleichrodt piece happened. I have plenty of friends over there and dont get me wrong, I think there are a lot of super knowledgeable individuals over there that I would trust in a heart beat with any TR item, but just like every sample of every population you have your tools and unfortunately I got baited into a conversation and it got verbal and nasty and I'm the one who got the boot cuz I was not a longer member of the club. I get it. Its nothing knew. Its so easy for people to sit compfortably in front of their computer with the anonymity of the internet and launch obsenities and make baseless comments and attack your charachter and that wont change, so I've learned a lot from my experiences on WAF and most of it was positive, I've bought and sold some great items on there but it ended poorly and thats ok. This isnt my life guys. I collect this stuff because Ive been doing it for a while now and when I was younger it was almost part of my up-bringing so Ive read a lot and seen a lot but this hobby has to turn itself around from being so nasty towards each other and from what I have learned dont take opinions personally but dont tolerate personal attacks. Not cool. Anyway, gotta run.

?

What i'm saying is that maybe before trying to sell it again on another forum where some members are bound to be members of the WAF it may have been worth getting the signature clarified by the likes of Bill Shea etc if he would be happy to do that and thus avoiding the suspicion of the item and the problems that have developed !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3