Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

post your gebirgsjager photos

Article about: Hi Patrick, I dont know how I missed your thread! Here are a few contributions. Great photos + Pcards shown here guys! - GJ man shooting long range using his pack to hold his rifle steady -

?

Default Gebirgsjager Photo Lot & Photo Album Online

Saw this thread and wanted to share per your thread request. The two links below take you to my wesbite where there is alot of pictures if you want to see. Hope you Like.

Loose Photo Lot: Link: Mountain Troop Photo Lot

Photos of a soldier in Gebirgsjaeger Regiment 100 of the 5 Gebirgs Division. The photos show GJ troops of the unit executing unarmed civilians by the roadside, salty images of GJ troops in the field, graves, much destruction, troops with grenades at ready, winter camo, officers, troops in foxholes in field, advancing through burning towns and villages. The 100th GJR transferred to the 5th GJD from the 1st GJD in 1940 as part of the 5th’s creation. The regiment went on to serve in the 5th GJD continuously until war’s end. The regiment began its service in 5th GJD in the Balkans, spearheading the breakthrough of the Metaxas Line and marching through Solonika into Athens. It then airlanded in Crete and pushed the New Zealanders from their positions around the airfield, earning the golden KRETA stripe for their distinctive uniforms. The regiment fought throughout 1942 and 1943 as part of Army Group North, serving with seven different army corps as the “fire brigade” of 18th Army. In December 1943, the 5th GJD transferred to Italy. Over the next sixteen months, the 100th Regiment fought a series of delaying actions in the Appenines against troops from seven different allied nationalities. Troops from the regiment are the last German soldiers to fight in an alpine environment, combating the French in the Western Alps in April 1945.

Album: Link: Gebirgsjager Photo Album

Mountain Troop Album. There are 102 photos, many captioned on the reverse. Good images of GJ troops in the Alps and high mountain positions, GJ officers, field optics, artillery cannons, vehicles, good STURMGESCHUTZ images on the move in the field, knocked out Russian tanks, field bivouacs, captured Russian artillery, Russian POWs, nice images of Red Cross marked GJ motorcycle & sidecar, knocked out Russian heavy artillery image, GJ graves in the field, Russian river crossings, exhausted troops resting in the field, knocked out Russian concrete Bunker positions, and more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture post your gebirgsjager photos   post your gebirgsjager photos  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement post your gebirgsjager photos
    P
    Many

?

Two excellent albums !!

I will add my only photo containing Gebirgsjager. The one with the "X" below was a school friend of my mothers. I also have a real dried Edelweiss that was given to her by him.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture post your gebirgsjager photos   post your gebirgsjager photos  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Nice Torch! Very cool!

Quote by Torch View Post
    Gifted some militaria to a collector in NZ and he gifted me this GJ grouping and I picked up the edelweiss patch from a member at WRF...what is the booklet on the right? Is that a weapons proficiency log?

Attachment 210883Attachment 210884Attachment 210885
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I would like to add to this thread with three photos of gebirgsjager troops on happy times at Crete!!

The first and the second photos show the same man with the same girls having a good time! The first doesn't show any GB insignia but gives us a perfect view of his uniform! The second one shows perfectly his cap with the metal edelweiss and the oval insignia on his sleeve!

The third picture shows german troops inspecting the Knossos Palace! You can see the famous insignia on the sleeve of the man on the left!

post your gebirgsjager photos  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4