Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Postcards from Germany

Article about: Hello, I keep from time to time postcards, Wehrmacht, political background and so on, to give a view on the time. Today I have received from my barns flea market, a very badly damaged album,

TCL
    ?

Default Postcards from Germany

Hello,

I keep from time to time postcards, Wehrmacht, political background and so on, to give a view on the time.
    Today I have received from my barns flea market, a very badly damaged album, approximately 230 images, including 200 postcards. Most of the time 3.Reich, then GDR and some mail from contacts in the FRG. The items were collected by a young woman, she married in 1937. And I think after the sequence of pictures that she was a little older than 20th. She survived the war, lived in the GDR and I appreciate that she was in 1980 about 70 years old. After the album came to a store and lay there until a week ago when the house was vacated after the death of residents. I have removed the pictures and postcards from the album after some thought, she must still individually wipe dry. Much worse is "paper" from a smoking household.
    The backs of the "three" can be seen in a clockwise direction. I'll see what I do with it, but I could not leave the album. The first to cards are nearly new cards of my collection.
    Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postcards from Germany   Postcards from Germany  

Postcards from Germany   Postcards from Germany  

Postcards from Germany  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Postcards from Germany
    P
    Many

TCL
    ?

Default the next postcards

here are some interesting cards. Ordensburg Vogelsang und Truppenübungsplatz Grafenwöhr - military training space - I think some of you know this place, including me. The last three pics are different, the pic with the Gentleman is from about 1950. It must be his 70th birthday. Imagine he was talking to people born in ~ 1850.
    Look at the bed in the back, his presents are slippers, 3 bottles of beer, eggs and between the cakes, I don´t know. I have seen pics from 1946, where people in Germany had everything on the table and the other side.
    My mother said, I have given the farmers enough jewelry and we children were allowed to leave the children from the farmer not a piece of chocolate.
    Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postcards from Germany   Postcards from Germany  

Postcards from Germany  

It's true that the farmers didn't have a great reputation during those lean times, knowing that they were in a superior position to take advantage of hungry city-dwellers trading valuables for food...My Oma traded her wedding gown for two loaves of bread after the war...
    cheers, Glenn

Glenn,in times like then in the UK and Germany most persons tend to look after their own.

TCL
    ?

Default one more

I want to show you that yet. I bought 2 albums today and these two cards were there, the back is is funny. "Your little AdoIf"

?

Great postcards. I always enjoy picking up postcards, for some reason the contents of them are much more amusing than a normal letter.