Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Poster - Tag der deutschen polizei

Article about: Good afternoon everyone. I would like a opinion from you about this item. Tag der deutschen polizei - Poster Is it original? Thank you very much.

?

Default Poster - Tag der deutschen polizei

Good afternoon everyone.

I would like a opinion from you about this item.
    Tag der deutschen polizei - Poster
    Is it original?

Thank you very much.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Poster - Tag der deutschen polizei
    P
    Many

?

I can't comment on authenticity as these don't fall within my collecting interest but the staining on the paper looks a little too much.

To my eye it appears to be artificially done.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Supposedly for the "Day of the German Police" commemoration...but the poster isn't complete as there's no date telling us when this day is...And why is it marked to an SA Standarte if it's for a Police event? For me personally it's a questionable item as it's stained throughout, yet there isn't a single tear to be seen...And the Swastika on the Police Eagle appears odd as well...Just my opinion.
    cheers, Glenn

Cant tell you if its legit either.

A few other things make me question its originality. Notice the spots where it is not stained,they are bright white. Such old paper items have that "look" from ageing.No cracking/wearing in the paper either.also the edges of the paper look sharp as hell. why would they put the ghost like SS runes,over the police man's shoulder?

Quote by command450 View Post
    Why would they put the ghost like SS runes,over the police man's shoulder?
    Because he is an SS man. The other one is a policeman and thus has the police eagle next to him.

A series of different illustrations that all showed variations on this theme - a member of the Order Police and a member of the SS/Security Police standing side by side and next to their respective organization's symbol, representing the unity of the police and the SS - were used on postcards for the Tag der Deutschen Polizei [Day of the German Police] events.

For all the reasons already cited above, I have my doubts about this poster, but the actual artwork is from the period (1941); see here for a postcard:

“SS and Ordnungspolizei” postcard of the Day of the Police (Tag der Polizei)

(A related item is here: Tag der Polizei pin '1942' WHW pin )

I've collected WHW items for a long time and have handled A LOT of WHW related posters and documents and I have never seen or heard about of TdP poster like this...postcards yes...poster no. It looks artificially aged to me...most of the aging on paper I have seen is not so 'blotchy' like this one. The addition of the SA stamp is also laughable as the SA would have had ZERO to do with the TdP events.

Just my .02 cents worth of course...

Fake is my opinion too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you all.

I found a postcard "just like this" with inscriptions WHW 1941 and SS that left me with questions.
    And with their questionings I was quite insecure.

I have the postcard in my collection BTW.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Adrian, you detonates!!! : )

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast