Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Purchased photo of Nazi Scientists... Do I have a Mengele? *crosses fingers

Article about: Any ideas where and who this is of? You guys are the best!

?

Default Re: Purchased photo of Nazi Scientists... Do I have a Mengele? *crosses fingers

Quote by carltiger View Post
    Compare the image of Mengele above, to the image on the last post. It is not Josef Mengele. Similar, at first glance but after looking closely at the photograph...unfortunately it isn't Mengele. Fatter face, thinner hair, shorter nose...and as you yourself said, the teeth.

Regards,

Carl
    i agree its not him ,rgds Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Purchased photo of Nazi Scientists... Do I have  a Mengele? *crosses fingers
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Purchased photo of Nazi Scientists... Do I have a Mengele? *crosses fingers

Hopefully, you didn't buy it as a "Mengele Photograph", and even if you did, I hope that at least it wasn't expensive. Anything related to him is very expensive.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Welcome to the forum!

Hi Guys
    Im struggling to see this is 3rd Reich era! I would put this photo in the 20's looking at it properly. What do you think?

?

The 20's...? Nah, there are far too many smiling faces for it to be the 20's! People didn't start to smile until Hitler came along...

In all seriousness though, it could be older, or possibly just an older lab.

Regards,

Carl

?

The German side cap does not have an eagle, but does have cockade and soutache. Maybe a M34 cap?? But I would agree with you Dan, an early photo, but later than the 20's.
    There is a sign on the door, but I cant read it. Probly just a title like "Laboratory" or something similar anyway

I paid 10 bucks for it! (not advertised as Mengele but under the impression it was from ww2)

?

Not too bad a hit then, Lord knows I've had worse! In future, before making a purchase on an item that you don't feel completely sure about, post a few pictures on the forum...chances are that somebody "in the know" will come along quite sharpish and help out.

Regards,

Carl

?

The ears are always a good place to start when trying to compare people in photos. These don't normally change much over time.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Hi Guys
    Im struggling to see this is 3rd Reich era! I would put this photo in the 20's looking at it properly. What do you think?
    Agree totally with Dan there is nothing on this photo whcih suggests TR period even and certainly not " Nazi Scientists " !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

damn it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2