Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rad photo document

Article about: A document of a RAD, It mentions 6/194 and 8/193. My personal research indicates this may be XIX Niedersachen-West ( Oldenburg ) The tunic is quite another subject.. The collar tab is very f

?

Default Rad photo document

A document of a RAD, It mentions 6/194 and 8/193. My personal research
    indicates this may be XIX Niedersachen-West ( Oldenburg )
    The tunic is quite another subject.. The collar tab is very faint in the photo..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad photo document   Rad photo document  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad photo document
    P
    Many

193 is Arbeitsgau XIX and so Niedersachsen-West, as such named Oktober 1933.
    Per February 1934 it was just Niedersachsen, to be renamed again in 1940 as
    Niedersachsen-West. The headquarters were at Oldenburg. With this you are right!

8/193 = I have never found information about this unit (the highest unit-number
    I had found was 7/193)

6/194 = this unit was known as "Thor mit dem Hammer".
    Would like to know what is said in the album where they were located, so I can add
    this too my lists.

?

A very nice photo. BTW - I was recently looking thru some old boxes of family stuff and forgot about this one. My great-aunt gave me this RAD stickpin in 1985 along with a bunch of Weimar era paper money etc. I know who the stickpin was sent to, so pretty sure it is real
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad photo document   Rad photo document  

The document refers to the units as "Abteilung 6/194 Emlichheim" and "Emslandabteilung 8/193".

Emlichheim is in the state of Lower Saxony, county of Bentheim, close to the Dutch border. The county borders on the Emsland.

?

Many thanks HPL2008
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "