Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Rare ss pictures?in book

Article about: I got a book out of the library called western front ss secret archives.It claims to have many photos previously unpublished.i have looked through it ,and i would say there are about 80% of

Default Rare ss pictures?in book

I got a book out of the library called western front ss secret archives.It claims to have many photos previously unpublished.i have looked through it ,and i would say there are about 80% of the photos i have never seen BEFORE EVER,so i am enjoying it.It has a few hundred photos ,and they are clear quality ,and a must see.There are endless pics of ss soldiers in helmets ,in combat,ect.ps i will confirm the name of the book as i forgot to write the exacat name of it down but i think the one iv written is right?,highly recomended.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare ss pictures?in book
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Rare ss pictures?in book

Here is the book it is one of those photo histories being churned out by Ian Baxter.

Western Front: The SS Secret Archives: Amazon.co.uk: Ian Baxter: Books

Some photos i have not seen before but many i have , regarding the reviewer on amazon i have to agree i have Baxters book on The fighting in the Baltics and photos are wrongly captioned in there i just wish the authors would do proper research instead of rushing out these photo histories.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

thanks for the heads up and for £6 i have ordered it from your link paul, this was picked this up in a book sale for £2 last week many nice helmet/combat photos in it from all fronts also a good book for ss pictures, i will show a few if yous dont mind?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare ss pictures?in book   Rare ss pictures?in book  

Rare ss pictures?in book   Rare ss pictures?in book  

Ewan great pics you put on.I agree i noticed he said a soldier was reloading an mg34 when clearly he was putting a clip in to his mauser rifle,HOW COULD ANYONE MAKE THAT OBVIOUS MISTAKE.