Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sarajevo. Help! Trying to ID collar tabs!!!

Article about: These are pics of my Girlfriend's Grandfather. His name was Stevo Eiler. The only info i have about him is that the Family lost touch with him at the end of the war. Judging from the pics, I

Default Sarajevo. Help! Trying to ID collar tabs!!!

These are pics of my Girlfriend's Grandfather.
    His name was Stevo Eiler.
    The only info i have about him is that the Family lost touch with him at the end of the war.
    Judging from the pics, It looks like he was in some form of the SS.
    In the one photo the collar tabs look like Croatian SS runes???
    The third pic is the back of the second pic.
    Maybe someone here could enlarge them and see something i'm missing. He is the soldat on the left in the photos.
    From what i can make out, he is wearing an SS belt buckle in at least 2 of the photos.
    Thanks for any Help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sarajevo. Help! Trying to ID collar tabs!!!   Sarajevo. Help! Trying to ID collar tabs!!!  

Sarajevo. Help! Trying to ID collar tabs!!!   Sarajevo. Help! Trying to ID collar tabs!!!  

Sarajevo. Help! Trying to ID collar tabs!!!   Sarajevo. Help! Trying to ID collar tabs!!!  

Last edited by Dimas; 09-29-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Pictures updated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sarajevo. Help! Trying to ID collar tabs!!!
    P
    Many

Default re: Sarajevo. Help! Trying to ID collar tabs!!!

If someone can enlarge these a bit and repost them please do so.
    I dont know how.

?

Croatian Einsatzschtaffel IMO, and at least I can recognize the slavic language
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The reverse of the one photo according to the bottom right, places him in Sarajevo.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Can you tell what it says on the third picture?

?

I can recognize word Hramu, which I think will be translated as church. Slikauc- picture taken (probably)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: Sarajevo. Help! Trying to ID collar tabs!!!

These are very rare and interesting images. Thank you very much indeed for posting them!

The special collar insignia and special belt buckle are fantastic to see. You have made my day!

Would it be possible to have a close up on the breast badges they wear too please? I suspect these are the Gedenkzeichen der ES in silver and bronze.

Note his comrade wears an Heer eagle on his SS cap and the SS runes collar tab looks locally made.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade, Someone already enlarged and reposted the photos for me.
    i can't really make them out in the original photos either, and i have been looking at them with a magnafying glass. Sorry.
    Thanks for posting the link at the other site, i'm going to register there and look at that thread also.

I am fluent in Croatian but I cannot make out what the card reads. The bottom right, as mentioned earlier does indeed say Sarajevo.

If you come across some more documents and need any translations done dont hesitate to private message me anytime.

OKW
    ?

So what unit are we talking about here? Whats special about the belt buckle? I can see its not usual SS, has anyone got a clear image on file of what one looks like close up. What would the cuff title have on it? Are these 'proper' SS troops, that is volunteers or are they conscripted 'Germans'? I see the mann is wearing mountain boots, are they usual for this unit or have they been equipped from what was left over in the Q.M's.
    Is einsatzschtaffel connected with 'evacuation to the east'?
    I would imagine that if Titos forces had taken possession of grandfather at the end of the war that may be the reason he's fallen off the radar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast