MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Schutzpolizei (?) photos

Article about: 3 nice photos I picked up recently (seller previews shown here)--- two are nice size "passport" profile photos showing him with his DD Police helmet, the other is an outside shot w

Default Schutzpolizei (?) photos

3 nice photos I picked up recently (seller previews shown here)--- two are nice size "passport" profile photos showing him with his DD Police helmet, the other is an outside shot wearing cap and uniform in front of a Police vehicle. Could anyone tell me specifically what branch this man was in? They were advertised as Schutzpolizei but I'm not entirely sure... hard to decipher the colors and I'm not 100% on what rank the shoulder tabs signify but I've gathered some kind of level of Wachtmeister...

Schutzpolizei (?) photos

Schutzpolizei (?) photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schutzpolizei (?) photos
    P
    Many

Bumping this one slightly to see if anyone can help identify the rank and Polizei branch of this man---

He is a indeed member of the Schutzpolizei (either the Schutzpolizei des Reiches or the Schutzpolizei der Gemeinden).

The two helmeted studio portraits were taken at an earlier date than the third picture showing our man in front of the police vehicle.

His rank in the two studio portraits as shown by the shoulder boards is Polizeiwachtmeister. He is wearing the early-pattern tobacco-brown collar Litzen worn by the lower ranks (from Anwärter to Revieroberwachtmeister) up until 1940.

In 1940, this distinction was abolished and the same aluminum Litzen were now worn by all ranks from Anwärter to Meister, which is seen in the third photograph. The traverse lace bar now worn on his shoulder boards identified either a Polizeiwachtmeister with more than four years of service (1936 - 1941) or a Rottwachtmeister (from 1941 onwards).

Great info! Thank you very much, HPL!