Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Scrap book of some kind? Full of Photos!

Article about: kind of spooky look

Default Re: Scrap book of some kind? Full of Photos!

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    Very interesting. It looks to me like a cigarette card album.

Rob
    Yea Rob thats what William said, whats the difference between "real" pictures and these? Do you know? They look and feel like original pics though, but I am not sure

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scrap book of some kind?  Full of Photos!
    P
    Many

Yes that is what it is Mike here is some info on it. Männer und Ereignisse - Unserer Zeit. Published in Germany, 1933-1934. Soft cover & with 250 cigarette card photos (each photo is 8 x 6cm) of Third Reich prominents. Pre the Roehm Putsch as they are pictured in this album. Album measures about 34 x 24 cm. German text captions under each.
    Illustrierter Beobachter, Adolf Hitler - Ein Mann und Sein Volk. Verlag Franz Eher, Munchen, 1936. Soft cover & 96 pages. Measures about 10.5 x 14 inches. German text. This is the special issue of Illustrierter Beobachter magazine which featured Adolf Hitler. Has many, many photos of the Fuehrer with the people, the military, NSDAP leaders, etc. Also includes the full color framable insert of Hitler which is nearly always missing when you find this issue.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Yes that is what it is Mike here is some info on it. Männer und Ereignisse - Unserer Zeit. Published in Germany, 1933-1934. Soft cover & with 250 cigarette card photos (each photo is 8 x 6cm) of Third Reich prominents. Pre the Roehm Putsch as they are pictured in this album. Album measures about 34 x 24 cm. German text captions under each.

Eric
    Thanks Eric, thats what William said too, whats the difference in the photo process with these to real photos, do you have any ideas? Thanks for the date too!

They are orig reprint (copy) still cool man if those all were 100% orig you could buy a new car with it....

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    They are orig reprint (copy) still cool man if those all were 100% orig you could buy a new car with it....

Eric
    Thanks Eric, I just posted some US photos too sign long day...lol

Hey, Mike !

Believe the guys have nailed it for you - Cigarette card album - Very cool !
    If you have a loupe, or very powerful magnifying glass, you may find
    that these are printed - ink on card stock - like todays 'Sports' or
    'Bubblegum' cards.

Nice find.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Hey, Mike !

Believe the guys have nailed it for you - Cigarette card album - very cool !

If you have a loupe, or very powerful magnifying glass, you may find
    that these are printed - ink on card stock - like todays
    'bubblegum' cards.

Nice find.........!
    Thanks Steve, they are pretty thick, and sharp focus too, I like them gettin lots of PMs

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Do you see the armband the youth is wearing on photo 9, top center? Never seen this before...actually never seen alot of things in here before
    Re the armband... I've never seen one like that either! Could the letters be VDA? If so, then the kid may be related to the Volksbund für das Deutschtum im Ausland.

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    Yea Rob thats what William said, whats the difference between "real" pictures and these? Do you know? They look and feel like original pics though, but I am not sure
    Like Walkwolf said, I would imagine these are actually printed cards as opposed to photographs. They would have been mass produced and given away inside cigarette packs. They seem to have been printed on gloss paper, which would give a high quality photo-like appearance to them. May even have been screen printed.

The blurb on the one page is basically describing how, after the 1918 revolution, the German spirit was lost until Adolf Hitler came as a saviour to smash the un-German system and created a new reich in the spirit of Bismark. You are nothing - the people is everything! Great stuff

Rob

Thanks Rob and MB, lots of things here to look at, yea MB I was wondering what the patch was also, standby.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast