Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Scrap book of some kind? Full of Photos!

Article about: kind of spooky look

Default Re: Scrap book of some kind? Full of Photos!

The nature of the item has already been identified above; just allow me to add a little more data. The interior title page says:

"After the great struggle of the nations*, the ruinous November Revolution of 1918 brought down upon Germany years of decline and political disunity. It almost seemed, as if an unanimous German spirit had been lost for all time, when, in the hour of greatest need, a saviour for our people emerged. Adolf Hitler, the unknown fighter in the World War, fulfilled of a glowing love to his fatherland and a love for his people, smashed the subversive system of government of non-German ruling powers and shaped a new empire in the spirit of Bismarck and the Prussia's Great King**. It is to this experience of our contemporary history that this book is dedicated with our Führer's and Chancellor's admonishing call:
    You are nothing - Your people is everything!
    "

*) World War I
    **) Friedrich II

Fittingly, the album is a panorama of life in Nazi Germany in the early period after the Nazi's seizure of power. It features photographs of a wide range of events such as the Reichsparteitag at Nuremberg, sports- and aviation events, Thanksgiving celebrations, SA and Hitler Youth activities, parades, state visits etc.

By the way, note that someone has marked those killed in the "night of the long knives" with a cross. (pict. # 85: Ernst Röhm, pict. # 100: Karl Ernst)

PS: Never seen the "VDA" emblem in brassard form either; very interesting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scrap book of some kind?  Full of Photos!
    P
    Many

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The nature of the item has already been identified above; just allow me to add a little more data. The interior title page says:
    "After the great struggle of the nations*, the ruinous November Revolution of 1918 brought down upon Germany years of decline and political disunity. It almost seemed, as if an unanimous German spirit had been lost for all time, when, in the hour of greatest need, a saviour for our people emerged. Adolf Hitler, the unknown fighter in the World War, fulfilled of a glowing love to his fatherland and a love for his people, smashed the subversive system of government of non-German ruling powers and shaped a new empire in the spirit of Bismarck and the Prussia's Great King**. It is to this experience of our contemporary history that this book is dedicated with our Führer's and Chancellor's admonishing call:
    You are nothing - Your people is everything!"
    *) World War I
    **) Friedrich II

Fittingly, the album is a panorama of life in Nazi Germany in the early period after the Nazi's seizure of power. It features photographs of a wide range of events such as the Reichsparteitag at Nuremberg, sports- and aviation events, Thanksgiving celebrations, SA and Hitler Youth activities, parades, state visits etc.

By the way, note that someone has marked those killed in the "night of the long knives" with a cross. (pict. # 85: Ernst Röhm, pict. # 100: Karl Ernst)

PS: Never seen the "VDA" emblem in brassard form either; very interesting.
    My dear friend HPL you have helped me so much but does a brassard mean same as armband?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    My dear friend HPL you have helped me so much but does a brassard mean same as armband?
    Basically yes. As far as I know, "brassard" refers to armbands worn with uniforms, while "armband" refers to civilian ones; although in practice, the terms are used pretty much interchangeably.

?

Great find Mike
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Basically Andreas explained everything there was to explain.
    Nice catch Mike and thanks for posting/sharing .
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Good work, Mike! A very nice book!

Regards

Thanks HP, Eric, Don, Ingrid, Paul, maybe we can use this as reference for future uses........thanks again
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 11-01-2011 at 04:22 AM.

?

Awesome Mike! A great group of cig cards! Some interesting images too. Nice addition to your collection and a great reference to TR personalities.

Thanks Bill, if you want to look at any in particular, let me know I will post details!!

Mike

Scrap book of some kind?  Full of Photos!

And a Lady too!!! VDA

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast