Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Seller on ebay selling reprints

Article about: Guys watch out from this seller. He claims to have only 100% originals but unfortunately he is one of the many con mans out there trying to steal the hard earned cash of the unwary. Link: ht

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    That stuff really is trash! The only use I have found for ebay is books and old football(soccer)shirts. As you quite rightly point out Gunny , there is no point in searching for SS helmets and the like there!! Leon.
    And for some nice lingerie underwear for ladies

Seriously though, you can use ebay as a nice source of endless variety of items. You can buy parts for your car, decoration stuff for your house, ornaments for your aquarium etc etc but when it comes to collectibles and antiques you must take out your detection device and watch out from the mines.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seller on ebay selling reprints
    P
    Many

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    That stuff really is trash! The only use I have found for ebay is books and old football(soccer)shirts. As you quite rightly point out Gunny , there is no point in searching for SS helmets and the like there!! Leon.
    So you mean I should skip the super special extremely rare helmet worn by Hitler himself as he single handidly fought off the Russians in Berlin?

...not only fake photos but fake "watercolour artworks" supposedly by ".JEW RABBI LAZAR PAVERMAN (HIS PSEUDONYM WAS LAZAR WAISMAN AS THE ARTIST) FROM KOLOMYJA / POLAND / UKRAINE."

A couple of observations on the examples below:

Q: Why is the place name in Polish "Kolomyja" and not "Kolmea" as found on Yiddish maps of the period since most of the Jews that were in the territory that became part of Poland after the the Polish-Ukrainian War of 1919 would not have spoken Polish but Yiddish? The fact that in a 1930's Polish census only 33% of Jews in Poland stated they could speak Polish thus would make using "Kolomyja" even more unlikely.

The artist couldn't even spell his own shtetl correctly he uses "Kolomea" not "Kolmea" !

Q: Why is the Polish word "Getto" painted on the wall? For the reasons above it would have been in Yiddish— if at all. Poles most often referred to "Dzielnica żydowska" or "Jewish quarter" rather than "getto" and the German signs were "Jewish Residential District" not "Ghetto or "Getto" for example; "Jüdischer Wohnbezirk in Warschau“ or "Jewish Residential District in Warsaw".

Q: Again why "Bank Polski" in Polish?

More importantly there was no "Bank Polski" there could have been:

Powszechna Kasa Oszczędności Bank Polski or PKO Bank Polski - General Savings Bank or Retail Bank. Popularly only the acronym PKO was used.

or:

Narodowy Bank Polski - Central Bank of Poland

or:

Bank Polski Handlowy - Commercial or Trade bank, of which there were many across Poland.

Who is taken in by this rubbish ....it is not as though they have even any artistic merit!
    Last edited by StefanM; 10-14-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by egray View Post
    So you mean I should skip the super special extremely rare helmet worn by Hitler himself as he single handidly fought off the Russians in Berlin?
    Tough luck i bought that one!....

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Tough luck i bought that one!....
    Curse you! I was wondering who snatched up such a fine and rare item. It would have looked so nice next to my super rare and original Göring workout suit.

?

Default Work suit

You must have bought the "Fake" Goring work suit... I have the original bought on ebay
    a week ago....Hahahhhahaaaa Gwar

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Ebay pulls all the good stuff.... But NOT nazi coins... with blatant swastika portrayal...
    Kind of "Two" sided pardon the pun....Gwar
    I may be wrong, but I believe eBay policy allows 3rd Reich coins to be offered.

Quote by wlwhittier View Post
    I may be wrong, but I believe eBay policy allows 3rd Reich coins to be offered.
    Yes that's right. Coins and stamps are allowed as they consider them collectibles. Too bad they don't feel the same about militaria.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Agree Guys. There are probably people that make a living selling fake militaria to the unwary. Many buyers jump in with both feet only and purchase while the seller is probably laughing himself to death. Be nice to know the names of companies that manufacture reproduction items so folks would at least be better informed. Mentioned the copy of a Hitler Youth knife I bought back in the 60s that was a dead ringer for the real McCoy sans the swastika of course. Wonder how many made it to E bay with a phony medalion glued to the handle. No end to dishonesty. Collectors better off at yard sales or reputable dealers even if you pay more.

?

Thank god for this site otherwise id probably be sitting on €1000s worth of rubbish! Hats off to you guys for all the help and info, now I'm off to bid on hitlers lower jaw bone ! The seller says its 100% genuine. 😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast