Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Small Photograph

Article about: Hello folks. A very small purchase, but I like this one! A tiny photograph that shows a lot of detail. An early one, going on the M36 uniform and the tri-colour decal visible on the helmet o

Default A Small Photograph

Hello folks.

A very small purchase, but I like this one! A tiny photograph that shows a lot of detail. An early one, going on the M36 uniform and the tri-colour decal visible on the helmet of the guy on the left. It depicts an MG34 in anti-aircraft configuration, mounted on the Dreyfuss tripod and fitted with a spiderweb sight.

It's the uniform detail that makes this one shine. Lots of insignia is visible in the photo, including a signals patch (far right) and a Lance Corporal sleeve patch (middle). I assume this is a photo taken during training, going on the lack of equipment worn by the three men.

A Small Photograph

I really must invest in a macro lens one of these days!

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Small Photograph
    P
    Many

?

Not sure if this helps or not... Nice photo either way ! G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Small Photograph  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Not sure if this helps or not... Nice photo either way ! G
    That's a big help. Now people won't need a pair of binoculars to view it in detail!

B.B.

Can't quite work out what ribbons are on the breast of the signaller on the right. The covered schluterklappen of the Gefreiter might imply it is active or for added security. Nice photo.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Can't quite work out what ribbons are on the breast of the signaller on the right. The covered schluterklappen of the Gefreiter might imply it is active or for added security. Nice photo.
    I think the ribbon on the right might be for a Sudeten medal. Red central stripe, black background and white edges. Not sure about the other one, but it appears to be a single colour. Long service medal, maybe?

B.B.

Might be that B.B. although he scarcely looks old enough, my initial though was the right hand ribbon was for the KvK but its difficult when the picture is so small isn't it.

Might be that B.B. although he scarcely looks old enough, my initial though was the right hand ribbon was for the KvK but its difficult when the picture is so small isn't it.
    The detail of the photograph is remarkable considering its age, but yes, the size of it does let it down. I suppose it'll always be a mystery, but it's a nice photo regardless!

B.B.

Yes, definitely a good photo. Can only guess if they made it through to 1945.

Yes, definitely a good photo. Can only guess if they made it through to 1945.
    I think of that when I look at every photo in my collection. Not just the portraits and group photographs, but things like identity documents and dog tags as well. Even the stuff that has no name attached to it once had an owner.

B.B.

Both photos are very clear when I enlarge them. I can click 2X's to enlarge & did not lose any detail. Cool pic BB
    Thanks, D.