Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Brownshirt Photo i thought i would share.

Article about: Here is a photo i thought i would share with you all. Showing the front, and back with the photo dated. Brian

Default Re: SS Brownshirt Photo i thought i would share.

Brian you have not Offended me, Possibly put me of Bothering to share my Photos. This is a Public Forum! I'm Sure 99% Of members have no Ill intent. However there are some that Trawl these Forums looking for UN Marked Photos!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Brownshirt Photo i thought i would share.
    P
    Many

Yeah, I know, but i would like to think that i could trust others in here, as these forums do alot of members of trust, if we would see our pics posted elsewhere for sale, I am sure another member in here would let us all know about it.

As to be dealing in here, and to get such a high ranking of trust in this type of collecting, this place does have a higher level of professionalism to it, and the members in here are held to a higher standard, and trust.

Idiots are going to steal pics, regardless of what we do.

Brian
    Last edited by blackheart0866; 04-18-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    As to be dealing in here, and to get such a high ranking of trust in this type of collecting, this place does have a higher level of professionalism to it, and the members in here are held to a higher standard, and trust.

Brian
    And it is because people exhibit such trust that other less scrupulous people will take advantage of it and trawl just such sites looking for their next scheme. Ask yourself how many people on this forum have you actually met in person? While 98% are probably fine decent people there will always be those 2% who aren't, and if a forum has a membership of say 5,000 people that's 100 people looking to scam others, not just 1 or 2 and no matter how hard the Admin of forums work in keeping such people out some will always get through. Watermarking helps the Admin in their fight to keep forums free from con tricks.
    Now say you have paid £40 for that photo and left it unmarked and a scammer decides he can make some money out of it. He could copy it and flood the market with good copies, he might even have a batch of genuine wartime photo paper, and once people see these copious amounts of the same photo on the market you will have a hard job of ever selling it on as an original, or get even close to what you paid for it.
    Of course everyone is entitled to mark/unmark their photos as they see fit but I for one will continue to watermark my images and if it annoys anyone then I won't be losing sleep over keeping my hard earned investments as safe as I can short of not showing them at all.

?

nice picture Brian!
    Regards

Matt

?

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    And, yes it annoys me when people put markings on their pics, thats why i dont do that, I want to share what i have, and if someone wants to add a pic to their collection, so be it, like i said be fore, I have the original, and thats all that matters to me.
    Brian
    A very commendable attitude and one that is entirely your choice. Speaking as someone who marks their photos on the internet, I disagree with it for very good reasons. 99% of people who access these forums do so with good intentions. However, there exists a small minority who trawl images on forums for the sole purpose of making money. In the early days, I naively posted images from my collection for the enjoyment of other forum users, until I discovered that copies of some of them were being offered for sale as originals on eBay. I still don't mind sharing some of my photos without marks if someone asks, but I don't see why I should pay good money for a photo for some unscrupulous twat to download it, make a good copy and then sell it as an original. If you believe that this does not go on, then I am sorry to say that is also a little naive.
    Annoying? Yes, but unfortunately necessary in this day and age. By allowing these fraudsters unlimited access, you not only line their pockets, but you are also not helping the inexperienced unsuspecting buyers who believe they are getting original images for their hard earned cash. The option to provide a copy to a genuine collector on request remains and that choice is yours.
    Woske.

If you have not seen this Thread, on WAF Its a must read if you post Photos on the Net! Protecting my collection... - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Quote by Woske View Post
    A very commendable attitude and one that is entirely your choice. Speaking as someone who marks their photos on the internet, I disagree with it for very good reasons. 99% of people who access these forums do so with good intentions. However, there exists a small minority who trawl images on forums for the sole purpose of making money. In the early days, I naively posted images from my collection for the enjoyment of other forum users, until I discovered that copies of some of them were being offered for sale as originals on eBay. I still don't mind sharing some of my photos without marks if someone asks, but I don't see why I should pay good money for a photo for some unscrupulous twat to download it, make a good copy and then sell it as an original. If you believe that this does not go on, then I am sorry to say that is also a little naive.
    Annoying? Yes, but unfortunately necessary in this day and age. By allowing these fraudsters unlimited access, you not only line their pockets, but you are also not helping the inexperienced unsuspecting buyers who believe they are getting original images for their hard earned cash. The option to provide a copy to a genuine collector on request remains and that choice is yours.
    Woske.
    Very true. Not only copies of original pictures are sold on ebay, but also pics of items are offered in scam auctions. This is happening very often nowadays.
    Plus, some people use pics for publishing without even asking for a free authorisation. I have always sent pics for publishing or to anyone asking,but if I don't want to give my stuff to scammers or people who wants to get money from them.
    Regards

Matt

?

i agree that it is EXTREMELY annoying when people mark there pics too. Sometimes it takes away from Huge details.. Also, how the hell is anyone going to STEAL your photo by copying to there computer? what do they scan them and try to sell fake photos?? that would be kinda hard and alot of work for little profit.

?

this is a similar photo of the same year as your pic shown. any info would be ghreat. it was labeled as "XA"......but i thought iut was a SA soldier (brownshirt) but he doesnt have black collar tabs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Brownshirt Photo i thought i would share.  

I can tell you, thats its not SA, its NSKK, the black breeches, and the NSKK sleeve diamond on the sleeve.

The SA worn same color breeches as their brownshirts.

It looks like a family pic, as that might be his daughter standing next to him, which is an obvious thing.

Here are some pics, and of the sleeve diamond.

Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Brownshirt Photo i thought i would share.   SS Brownshirt Photo i thought i would share.  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast