Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS signed pics & photo's

Article about: A fascinating story ! He was lucky to survive all that ! Nick

Guys Listen to me very carefully , as there is no way to authenticate these signiatures
    the photos are not original ,what makes you think the signiatures are ?
    I have been collecting German Original photos for more than thirty years . I have only seen three Original Photos with original signiatures . I supply many Original SS photo scans to authors all over the world . I raised this issue in the past and I was subjected to much criticism , I have also shared my opinion with Author ,Charles
    Trang who has had personal contact with the few survivors in the past he agrees that as many as 98% of these are the result of some scam artists in the US & Europe
    How easy is it to copy a signiature off an award Cerificate . I have been advocating for many years these scams are just that . I have only one in my collection and even that I have doubts over the Signiature as the SS Officer was killed in Action 1944
    Sure you might say Photos could have been signed after the war at meetings given to former soldiers under their command eventually finding their way to some collectors
    Any way I've had my say . I am terribly sorry to dampen your enthusiasm on signed photos but just hate to see these scam artists profit !!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS signed pics & photo's
    P
    Many

I have no problem collecting signed photos because it is possible receive the photos directly the veteran. It is also easy to know if the signature is original by comparing it with know originals..

?

Quote by Lancere View Post
    Guys Listen to me very carefully , as there is no way to authenticate these signiatures
    the photos are not original ,what makes you think the signiatures are ?
    I have been collecting German Original photos for more than thirty years . I have only seen three Original Photos with original signiatures . I supply many Original SS photo scans to authors all over the world . I raised this issue in the past and I was subjected to much criticism , I have also shared my opinion with Author ,Charles
    Trang who has had personal contact with the few survivors in the past he agrees that as many as 98% of these are the result of some scam artists in the US & Europe
    How easy is it to copy a signiature off an award Cerificate . I have been advocating for many years these scams are just that . I have only one in my collection and even that I have doubts over the Signiature as the SS Officer was killed in Action 1944
    Sure you might say Photos could have been signed after the war at meetings given to former soldiers under their command eventually finding their way to some collectors
    Any way I've had my say . I am terribly sorry to dampen your enthusiasm on signed photos but just hate to see these scam artists profit !!!
    I'm really not sure what point you are trying to make here mate, we are not talking about wartime / period signed photos here but post war signed photos !! All of the photos in this and most of theother threads are in the latter category !!

Wartime signatues are of course a completely different kettle of fish and need to be treated with much more circumspect and scrutiny due to the huge increase in price but clearly signed photo collecting by the youth of Germany of their heroes did go on during the wartime period so to say that 98 % are fakes is a very broad statement.

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I have no problem collecting signed photos because it is possible receive the photos directly the veteran. It is also easy to know if the signature is original by comparing it with know originals..
    Exactly! These are post-war signed photos, many by collector contact with veterans themselves. The ones who have passed away can certainly be verified by known originals, like Paul has done countless times with Otto Kumm sigs, and even pointed out one in this thread. Of course there will be fakes just like in everything else, but that shouldn't deter anyone from collecting post-war signed photos. Do your research, and ask questions!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4