Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two early panzer crewman Agfa photo - for opinions

Article about: I need opinions for two early panzer crewman Agfa photos. What does means the number 634, on the left front side in first photo? Original? Danke. Schlange 1.) 2.)

Default Two early panzer crewman Agfa photo - for opinions

I need opinions for two early panzer crewman Agfa photos.
    What does means the number 634, on the left front side in first photo?
    Original?
    Danke.

Schlange

1.)

2.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two early panzer crewman Agfa photo - for opinions
    P
    Many

could they be brothers?

Great photos, nice shot of the panzer II.
    Three digit numbers on German tanks were usually as follows 1st number was the company, second was the platoon and the third was the number of the tank in the platoon!...

Great photos. Gunny is largely correct with his explaination of the numbers. It should be noted though that they were know to frequently break these conventions so sometimes you will get funny numbers like 9 for the individual tanks number in the platoon (which shouldn't happen because there weren't supposed to be 9 tank platoons). Also the number 0 usually indicates a command vehicle.

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    Great photos. Gunny is largely correct with his explaination of the numbers. It should be noted though that they were know to frequently break these conventions so sometimes you will get funny numbers like 9 for the individual tanks number in the platoon (which shouldn't happen because there weren't supposed to be 9 tank platoons). Also the number 0 usually indicates a command vehicle.
    Like!...

I thought - these numbers:

I do not understand their meaning.

Schlange

?

I like them alot. Don't see anything wrong here. A very nice set of photos. From my experience, The "634" or numbers like this on photos (normally seen on bottome left or right), usually indicate that there were other copies made of this photo during the period. Possibly canteen photos/extra copies to be bought by unit members for their personal wartime albums/etc. Nothing wrong, still period IMO

Danke Bill for help.

I know that the some Allied WW2 press photos has a numerical designation, so I thought that these might be on some kind of press photos.
    And these thread with fake SS Agfa photo - Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs - makes me a little paranoid.

Schlange

?

No no, you have a different set here from the Heer. Thanks for referring to the thread, but I honestly think you have found an excellent group here. I really like the portrait photo. The 634 and those numbers shown on photos like these have been spoken about before, and the general consensus on them is that they were possibly made for units to buy copies of. Usually nice shots, like yours that others In the unit may have enjoyed putting in their wartime albums, is all. Still very much period photos! A Very nice group you have there

?

Great photo! Bill, I sent you a pm btw. Great to own a photo like this! You dont come around these often!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast