Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards

Article about: Being new here, I didn't want to post these since they're pretty well-known and therefore probably already represented, maybe multiple times. But a search by name failed to show any results,

Default "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards

Being new here, I didn't want to post these since they're pretty well-known and therefore probably already represented, maybe multiple times. But a search by name failed to show any results, and I figured maybe it had been a while, so here's my latest purchase, a flea market find: nine of the first series of postcards titled Unsere Waffen-SS, published in Berlin in 1942. According to the seller, these were found in an estate sale in Missouri along with a mint EKII in its package, which had unfortunately already sold.

"Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards

I'd never heard of these before now, but internet research has shown them to be a part of 2 series of that title numbering 60 different cards altogether. ( The tiny 373 on the backs of each of these show that they are all part of the First Series. ) The backs of each are virtually identical except for a short one-line title for each photo, plus photo credit for each individual Kriegsberichter who took it; in case of the one shown it says, Foto: SS-Kriegsberichter Roth. The photos look to be from various locations, both in training and on campaign. Supposedly the cards themselves date from around the end of 1942, and are NOT numbered in the series, but the individual titles of those pictured in the order I've posted them are as follows:

Panzerspahwagen nach dem Einsatz; note the black armored vehicle crew uniforms and SS license plate!

Fla beim Erdbeschuss, a beautiful shot of an 88 being used as a ground-level artillery piece; note man with rangefinder at bottom left beside wheel unit.

MG, nach vorn!, which looks like this might be somewhere in France.

Sturmpioniere schlagen eine Bresche - looks like a training exercise.

Mit Flosssacken uber den Fluss looks like another training exercise due to the absence of incoming shell-splashes!

Panzer greifen an; note camo smock and helmet cover, 6X30 binoculars, and MG-34.

Wache am Dnjepr

Kradschutzen im Sud; I have this in a book on the Waffen-SS identified as Liebstandarte-AH in Greece.

Funktrupp nimmt Stellungswechsel vor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards
    P
    Many

Default Re: "Unsere Waffen-SS" Photo Postcards

Good score James...The Waffen SS series is probably one of the most desirable...well done!
    cheers, Glenn

Welcome James!
    Usually reserved for women but,
    "Nice set!"
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

got few of those as well - great photos.