Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

URGENT 20 minute countdown, photograph of German soldiers + helmets, legitimate?

Article about: In Winter on the Eastern front there were hundreds of thousands of helmets done in white camo !!! Looks like an award ceremony and the Officer is wearing a Bergmutze so could be Gebirgsjager

?

Default URGENT 20 minute countdown, photograph of German soldiers + helmets, legitimate?

Sorry everyone, I know I've posted a lot of items on here today for verification but I'm determined not to get cheated again. For example, this photograph; lots of German soldiers in the snow, white helmets, allegedly taken in Lapland in 1943. I can't recall seeing anything about Nazis having white helmets. Any thoughts, anyone?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement URGENT 20 minute countdown, photograph of German soldiers + helmets, legitimate?
    P
    Many

Default Re: URGENT 20 minute countdown, photograph of German soldiers + helmets, legitimate?

Helmets were whitewashed for the Russian winter campaigns.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: URGENT 20 minute countdown, photograph of German soldiers + helmets, legitimate?

Winter Camouflage helmets are well known. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

You're fast,Ade...lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thank goodness for that, I'd just placed a bid. Thanks for the help!

It was quite common for helmets to be white washed/painted by German soldiers in such climates to aid camouflage. Looks legitimate and not like some re-enactors to me

EDIT: Beaten to it

Thanks

Danny

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    You're fast,Ade...lol William
    That what Les says
    Ben

Looks like good snow camo lids to me.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

It's good to find an actually military based photograph rather than just posing soldiers, but the seller's description of it being "post 1950" made me a little concerned it was some post-war scene...

Sure he does not mean it is a reprint?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast