Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

URGENT 20 minute countdown, photograph of German soldiers + helmets, legitimate?

Article about: In Winter on the Eastern front there were hundreds of thousands of helmets done in white camo !!! Looks like an award ceremony and the Officer is wearing a Bergmutze so could be Gebirgsjager

?

Default Re: URGENT 20 minute countdown, photograph of German soldiers + helmets, legitimate?

In Winter on the Eastern front there were hundreds of thousands of helmets done in white camo !!! Looks like an award ceremony and the Officer is wearing a Bergmutze so could be Gebirgsjager in Lapland
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement URGENT 20 minute countdown, photograph of German soldiers + helmets, legitimate?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: URGENT 20 minute countdown, photograph of German soldiers + helmets, legitimate?

I did think about that but he sells lots of photos and he stresses how 'original' they are; I'm hoping that I'm onto something here.

Post 1950 would raise all Sorts of red flags for Me..."original" could well mean an "a reprint of an original image". Sounds pretty shady to me, when sellers start using purposefully vague and misleading language in their descriptions. Bottom line, if the seller Specifically said it was "Post 1950" then it's almost certainly to be taken as a Reprint. Sure hope you didn't bid too much! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Well, I just lost this item so I that risk hasn't been taken!

Never rush anything when it comes to buying militaria, especially if you are unsure about originality etc

Thanks

Danny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2