Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verify this image?

Article about: I am fairly certain this is a modern re-enactment photo. I think I have seen it before. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Verify this image?

I am fairly certain this is a modern re-enactment photo. I think I have seen it before.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verify this image?
    P
    Many

Thank you all for helping!

His hair is too long. The Wehrmacht would not tolerate this sloppy behaviour!

Cheers,
    Emile

All a camera needs to freeze an ejected cartridge case is a relatively fast shutter speed and a pre 1940 Leica could open and close in 1/1000th of a second. The consensus on here was that the picture I've attached from 1941 shows exactly that.

What makes your picture look like a modern set-up to me is the telephoto lens effect (the background being so far out of focus). You hardly ever see this on wartime pictures which are usually shot on wide angle or standard lenses.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verify this image?  

?

His water bottle and other equipment looks very new !!

Just because he is wearing a scarf doesn't in any way signify any photo was taken on the Eastern front !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I believe I have seen this photo on some reenactor site in the last couple of years. My memory is not good enough to remember where!! (Frustrating!)

I can confirm (not that it's necessary) that this photo is definitely a modern reenactor. The original photo was posted on deviantART: where ART meets application!, and this is a version edited to look grainy- probably an unauthorised edit, as the photographer himself did not post it.

Mat

Thanks for the reply ToxicGas :P The information is valuable whether or not others have already posted. Now I'm going to go hunt for the original on deviantART

No problem.

Edit: Browsing deviantART -here it is!

Mat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2