Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Waffen SS Postcards

Article about: Hello guys, I picked up this nice set of SS postcards the other day. I don't usually collect photo's and such but I couldn't pass up on these great images. They appear to be from a series of

?

Default Re: Waffen SS Postcards

Quote by operaman View Post
    Most TR cards are much more expensive that 10.00 dollars,common cards 25.00 rare cards 500.00 to 750.00.Most cards are in the range of 60.00 to about 200.00 I have been collecting for about 30 years and I have some of everything,I have posted a lot on this site if you care to look
    Thank you for the effort. I felt good about what I paid for them until someone posted that they paid $20 for a set. This is not an area that i usually collect but my interest is now peaked. I will look at your postings. Thanks again, Al.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Postcards
    P
    Many

Quote by Aldo View Post

StraBenkampf translation ? Street battle. Great combat photo of an MG team amid the rubble with what looks like a young Unterscharfuhrer looking on. Fixed bayonet for effect ?
    Congrats Al! I love this image!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hello gents. I wanted to thank everyone on this thread, Paul E., Nick, Steve, Carl and "Operaman" for taking the time to comment and providing all this great information. I have decided to sell the cards to offset the price of a few helmets I just bought. I hated to break up the set but I did so and listed them on ebay. this is a link to one of them if anyone is interested. As a courtesy to fellow WRF members I will pay the shipping for anyone that wins any. Just let me know at checkout that you are a WRF comrade. Thanks, Al.

Original Waffen SS Postcard WWII German Sturmpioniere Demolition Team in Action | eBay

?

Waffen SS PostcardsWaffen SS Postcards
    I just picked up these ones. SCAN 1 has Sturmbannfuhrer BUCHNER, Obersturmfuhrer BREMER, Obergruppenfuhrer HAUSSER and a recruitment pic; SCAN 2 is the backs; SCAN 3 is Panzerspahwagen nach dem Einsatz and a FW Condor. They look old enough, and came from an estate sale (don't they all!). Do they look good?

Well I have some good news and some bad news,first the bad news the first four cards are reprints (90%) sure, the last two look good.One way one can tell is by the corners of the card if they Sharpe and ' crisp' it is a good sign they are fake if the card stock is somewhat brownish from age they are most likely good.The best way of course is if the card has been used with stamp postmark and message.Hard to fake that.

?

Very nice post cards.

?

Quote by alikat View Post
    I just picked up these ones. SCAN 1 has Sturmbannfuhrer BUCHNER, Obersturmfuhrer BREMER, Obergruppenfuhrer HAUSSER and a recruitment pic; SCAN 2 is the backs; SCAN 3 is Panzerspahwagen nach dem Einsatz and a FW Condor. They look old enough, and came from an estate sale (don't they all!). Do they look good?
    The first one is SS Sturmbannfuher Hermann Buchner from the T Div , second is a famous shot of SS Sturmbannfuhrer Gerd Bremer of SS Pz Aufk Abt 1 , LAH , the fourth shows Paul Hausser but also in the shot are Das Reich RKT Heinx Harmel and Sylvester " Vestel " Stadler both of whom went on to be Divisonal Commanders in Frundsberg and Hohenstaufen.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default Question

Where these photos ever released as postcards outside of the Waffen SS series? Here are two that have been offered to me by a member here on the forum, but they do not have any markings indicating they are from Unsere Waffen SS. Thanks.

Todd

Waffen SS PostcardsWaffen SS PostcardsWaffen SS PostcardsWaffen SS Postcards

?

Quote by ToddMalnar View Post
    Where these photos ever released as postcards outside of the Waffen SS series? Here are two that have been offered to me by a member here on the forum, but they do not have any markings indicating they are from Unsere Waffen SS. Thanks.

Todd

Never seen the Meyer card with such back side...
    Some doubts:
    1. Aren't you confused by this "poFtkarte"? I mean the letter "F" instead of "S"?
    2. Look at the postage stamp: seems that there is something between stamp and card, looks like smb cut the stamp from another card and put it here. Isn't it?
    3. Strange EAS logo. I've found 2 among my cards - they are the other:
    Waffen SS Postcards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Postcards  

I had the most issues with the Kurt Meyer card

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast