Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Waffen SS Postcards

Article about: Hello guys, I picked up this nice set of SS postcards the other day. I don't usually collect photo's and such but I couldn't pass up on these great images. They appear to be from a series of

?

Default Waffen SS Postcards

Hello guys, I picked up this nice set of SS postcards the other day. I don't usually collect photo's and such but I couldn't pass up on these great images. They appear to be from a series of postcards titled "Unsere Waffen-SS" There are twelve cards, I don't know if this is the complete set or not. They are in decent condition and unused. I'll post individual pics of each card when I can Cheers, Al.

Waffen SS Postcards

Waffen SS Postcards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Postcards
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Waffen SS Postcards

Cracking set Al, well done. Some fine images there. The image second from the right on the bottom row was actually used as a book cover for a publication released a few years back, it is a classic shot.

Regards,

Carl

?

Waffen SS Postcards

This card is titled Artillerie vor ! Translation ? Forward Artillery, I think . A great image of a Sturmbannfuhrer (Major I believe) of the 1st SS Panzer Division Liebstandarte SS Adolf Hitler directing artillery fire. This chap looks great in his old style crusher cap (I don't know the proper term for this feldmutze). I imagine these are hard to come by as I have not seen many. Feel free to post a picture if you are fortunate enough to own one. I'd be happy to own the cuff title. I wonder if his cap & tunic survived the war intact and perhaps resides with one of our fellow collectors. FB ?

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Waffen SS Postcards

This card is titled Artillerie vor ! Translation ? Forward Artillery, I think . A great image of a Sturmbannfuhrer (Major I believe) of the 1st SS Panzer Division Liebstandarte SS Adolf Hitler directing artillery fire. This chap looks great in his old style crusher cap (I don't know the proper term for this feldmutze). I imagine these are hard to come by as I have not seen many. Feel free to post a picture if you are fortunate enough to own one. I'd be happy to own the cuff title. I wonder if his cap & tunic survived the war intact and perhaps resides with one of our fellow collectors. FB ?
    That's the one Al, great shot isn't it? Aye, few bits of his atire wouldn't go amiss...

Carl

?

Quote by carltiger View Post
    Cracking set Al, well done. Some fine images there. The image second from the right on the bottom row was actually used as a book cover for a publication released a few years back, it is a classic shot.

Regards,

Carl
    Excellent Carl ! I must admit that was the shot that lured me into buying the set.

Nice grouping. Did they run you a lot? I got one last year for about $20.

A super set of postcards Al

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Waffen SS Postcards

This card is titled Panzer greifen an Translation ? Not sure, Panzers Attack ? This chap is sporting a great helmet camo cover & smock. I love the mg34 poking out of the turret of what I think is an armored vehicle, some sort of Sd Kfz 222 based on the hatch type and the placement of the mg. Something like this ?

Waffen SS Postcards

This

Waffen SS Postcards

Or this

Waffen SS Postcards

and this

Waffen SS Postcards
    Last edited by Aldo; 09-24-2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: added a photo

?

I'm embarrassed to say I paid a lot more than that. My inexperience with prices on postcards & photo's is showing. either way I'm happy with the lot. Cheers, Al

[QUOTE=Aldo;366093]
    Waffen SS Postcards

This is a well known photo of Brigadefuehrer Kurt Meyer.

Great set of postcards Aldo.............!
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 09-23-2011 at 10:15 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast