Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Waffen SS Postcards

Article about: Hello guys, I picked up this nice set of SS postcards the other day. I don't usually collect photo's and such but I couldn't pass up on these great images. They appear to be from a series of

?

Default Re: Waffen SS Postcards

[QUOTE=Walkwolf;366156]
    Quote by Aldo View Post

This is a well known photo of Brigadefuehrer Kurt Meyer.

great set of postcards Aldo.............!
    Indeed it is Steve ! Thanks. I didn't recognize him although I have a version of him in my 1/6 scale figure collection.

Waffen SS PostcardsWaffen SS PostcardsWaffen SS Postcards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Postcards
    P
    Many

Lol, In most photos I've seen of him, he's usually very stern looking
    or wearing a scowl. The 1/6 is happy faced..............!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Waffen SS Postcards

This one is titled Ein wichtige Meldung Translation ? An important message. I would love to be able to see this one in color just for the camo smocks.

?

Waffen SS Postcards

This one is titled "Mann gegen sowjetpanzer" Translation ? Man against Soviet tank, I think. These guys almost look comical in their approach to the enemy vehicle. I was intrigued by the strange looking armored vehicle. It looks like a half-track body on a wheeled chasis with a tank turret mounted on the rear. Strange looking to say the least. i looked it up and narrowed it down to a Ba-10 soviet armored car like the images below. I imagine these shots were all staged and sold as propaganda or morale boosters.

Waffen SS Postcards

Waffen SS Postcards

?

Waffen SS Postcards

This is another favorite of mine. Titled "Fla im Erdkampf" Translation ? Unknown I think it means something like Flak gun used for land battle ? The mighty and versatile 88 in action. I love the greatcoats !

This is an unrelated photo of the 88 in place at Normandy

Waffen SS Postcards

?

Quote by Aldo View Post

This card is titled Artillerie vor ! Translation ? Forward Artillery, I think . A great image of a Sturmbannfuhrer (Major I believe) of the 1st SS Panzer Division Liebstandarte SS Adolf Hitler directing artillery fire. This chap looks great in his old style crusher cap (I don't know the proper term for this feldmutze). I imagine these are hard to come by as I have not seen many. Feel free to post a picture if you are fortunate enough to own one. I'd be happy to own the cuff title. I wonder if his cap & tunic survived the war intact and perhaps resides with one of our fellow collectors. FB ?
    This famous early photo of Panzer Meyer was taken in Greece in 1941 and originally appeared in the Illustrieter Beobachter ( Illustrated Observer ) prior to being used as part of the Unsere Waffen SS set of postcards.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Waffen SS Postcards

This one is titled "Mann gegen sowjetpanzer" Translation ? Man against Soviet tank, I think. These guys almost look comical in their approach to the enemy vehicle. I was intrigued by the strange looking armored vehicle. It looks like a half-track body on a wheeled chasis with a tank turret mounted on the rear. Strange looking to say the least. i looked it up and narrowed it down to a Ba-10 soviet armored car like the images below. I imagine these shots were all staged and sold as propaganda or morale boosters.

Waffen SS Postcards

Waffen SS Postcards
    The top photo showing the destruction of the Armoured car is another famous LAH one taken North of Cherson in the Ukraine , it shows SS Oberscharfuhrer Bubi Burose destroying the Armoured car in Nahkampf !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    The top photo showing the destruction of the Armoured car is another famous LAH one taken North of Cherson in the Ukraine , it shows SS Oberscharfuhrer Bubi Burose destroying the Armoured car in Nahkampf !!
    Thanks, Excellent Information. So I presume that photo was not staged ?

?

Waffen SS Postcards

Nach hartem Kampf genommen Translation ? Captured after a hard Battle ? I'm not sure if this refers to the city or the tank being captured. Is this an early German self propelled gun ? Something similar to this ?

Waffen SS Postcards

?

No it's a combat shot !!

1st July 1916

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast