MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Postcards

Article about: Hey peeps Aquired lately 3 postcards and wanted a second/third opinion on their authenticity. Maybe someone who has similar in their collection can compare and shed some light, that'd be gre

Default Waffen SS Postcards

Hey peeps

Aquired lately 3 postcards and wanted a second/third opinion on their authenticity. Maybe someone who has similar in their collection can compare and shed some light, that'd be great.

They all have stamps on them and I tried to capture some small details which could provide further details that might help in establishing originality.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Postcards
    P
    Many

What I don't understand is why they have stamps applied and are franked without the all important address? Perhaps they were issued from the post office where bought as a first day cover (UK speak for the release of a new stamp and associated envelope that commerates an event, usually from history). PY.

Quote by PembrokeYeo View Post
    What I don't understand is why they have stamps applied and are franked without the all important address? Perhaps they were issued from the post office where bought as a first day cover (UK speak for the release of a new stamp and associated envelope that commerates an event, usually from history). PY.
    That may be the case. I see the Bannertrager card has a commemorative stamp of the homecoming of Legion Condor (event). The others with Hilfswerk.

A good point though which needs some attention, thank you.

I see no problems with any of them. Originally printed and original postage stamps also. I have seen many post ally stamped without anything written on them, no red flags.

?

Judging by these photos I would say that "Polizei" and "Bannertrager" are rather original. The stamps and inscriptions at their b-sides look good.
    I have some doubts about "Jugend": the inscription at its b-side is not complete and the picture is too contrast or too light, look at the faces. You know, if you collect photos, that too strong contrast is not a good sign.
    This last card is more expensive than the others, so inspect it better.
    In any case the condition of the cards is not good so this should affect the price.
    I have these three, here they are:

Waffen SS Postcards