Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The war in Finland

Article about: Guys Has anyone any photos of Roveneimi either during the 1939 Winter War or more particularly the German destruction in the later war? Also were there any Waffen SS units involved? Nick

Jan
    ?

Default Re: The war in Finland

Thanks Stewy.. My point of view is archaeological, sure there is some good litterature around. In fact I´m planning an excavaton project near the Kiestinki railway track for year 2010 any volunteers would be appreciated to take part. Going to be tough trip though. http://www.gaissmair.net/kiestinki.htm

Rgds Jan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The war in Finland
    P
    Many

Jan,i'll check the link out. If the mrs gave me a "pass" for a few days. It would be my summer holiday sorted. Suomi's a lovely country,but i've never visited the Lapp area. Stewy S

Jan
    ?

The project is on a planning stage but the pictures from that link tell alot. I will post more info as the planning goes further. The area in question will be near Kutsa (former part of Finland East of Salla). Any links or info are welcome!

Rgds Jan

Jan/Stewy

Thanks for your help guys, any info on this subject will be much appreciated.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Jan View Post
    Thanks Stewy.. My point of view is archaeological, sure there is some good litterature around. In fact I´m planning an excavaton project near the Kiestinki railway track for year 2010 any volunteers would be appreciated to take part. Going to be tough trip though. Field research in Kiestinki

Rgds Jan
    Jan, Wow! I would love to, but may have difficulty getting my visa stamped by my wife

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Jan
    ?

Common problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2