Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

who is this officer ?

Article about: i was wondering who this is. if it was possible to figure it out. i was told it probably wasn't possible.

beemex
    ?

Default who is this officer ?

i was wondering who this is. if it was possible to figure it out. i was told it probably wasn't possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images who is this officer ? 

2. # ADS

Default Re: who is this officer ?

Sadly finding his identity will be almost impossible, unless he became famous later, say with a high decoration like a Knight's Cross. I personally don't recognise him.

All I can tell you, which you mostly likely already who is that he was a Pilot in the Luftwaffe and was decorated with the Iron Cross, 1st & 2nd class and he was awarded the front flight clasp. Other awards appear to be the Wound badge, Entry into Czechoslavkia medal and the 4 year long service award medal.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Unfortunately Ade is correct without more detail such as his unit etc it will be almost impossible to identify him via this photograph
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by beemex View Post
    i was wondering who this is. if it was possible to figure it out. i was told it probably wasn't possible.

Can you give us some background about how you came to own the photo? Did you get anything else with it? or any other photos of this man? If we could find his unit we would have a better chance.

beemex
    ?

i found the pic on the web a while back (i spend 90% of my free time watching ww2 documentary's and looking at pictures).. so a good freind of mine looks exactly like the picture. A month ago I struck up a conversation with his Grandmother she migrated here (the States) in 1952 from Belgium. She remembers the intense fighting in the Ardennes (that Cold winter) loud explosions and the tanks driving threw her neighborhood "they must be related". Its to close of a matching face .

As the others have said, it will be a difficult task to identify this pilot. My advice would be to continue watching Ebay and other forums and see if any other photos of him pop up, maybe with some additional information.
    I know I have purchased a photograph of a German pilot, only to find another photograph of the same pilot being sold by another seller in a different part of the world! It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I wish you good luck in finding out who he is!