Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

who are these soldiers?

Article about: Need help in idenity of country,and they dont look to happy.thanks in advance.

?

Default who are these soldiers?

Need help in idenity of country,and they dont look to happy.thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture who are these soldiers?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement who are these soldiers?
    P
    Many

Default Re: who are these soldiers?

They look American to me mate

?

hi ,thay appear to be american , the sidecap looks to be a us cap.cheers paul

they don't look happy, maybe P O W 's?

definately american gi in uniform

Given that all the soldiers shown are wearing the same order of dress-side cap, great coat -I would doubt they are POWs, just not very happy, not smiling for the camera- perhaps they just realised they were in the middle of WW2!

?

Thanks for the help, I"m now thinking American pow"s, this photo-postcard, was in a batch I have with other German ww2 era p-cards. Although it could be a German recon or spy photo.

they're not wearing any gear just uniforms so they're not in combat or anywhere close to front lines, i can't tell what uniforms they are wearing wether it be battle fatiques or class A or B. I wonder what kind of vehicle that is, cant be 2 1/2 ton, too low. maybe a ammo truck with cover over back. who's got some more to add to this. Oh yeah is there anything on the back of the picture?

?

Heres a photo of the back side, the chevrons on the sleeve to me look more Canadian, Austrilian or maybe Polish.,The heavy coats could mean winter,really not sure what country.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture who are these soldiers?  

Quote by gooseandspoons View Post
    they're not wearing any gear just uniforms so they're not in combat or anywhere close to front lines, i can't tell what uniforms they are wearing wether it be battle fatiques or class A or B. I wonder what kind of vehicle that is, cant be 2 1/2 ton, too low. maybe a ammo truck with cover over back. who's got some more to add to this. Oh yeah is there anything on the back of the picture?
    The vehicle is a WWII WC52 Dodge Weapons Carrier, 3/4 Ton, 4x4.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast