Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

WW2 German Ostfront pictures

Article about: Here is the pictures of how the local peoples say "Welcome Hitler"

grounddug27
    ?

Default Re: WW2 German Ostfront pictures

even more good stuff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Ostfront pictures   WW2 German Ostfront pictures  

WW2 German Ostfront pictures   WW2 German Ostfront pictures  

2. # ADS

osip
    ?

Old photos always make strong impression. Especially it is characteristic for military photos.

grounddug27
    ?

more neat german ww2 photos from my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Ostfront pictures   WW2 German Ostfront pictures  

grounddug27
    ?

1. motorcycle
    2. hand grenades and combat gear
    3. war merit cross in knights cross form,

grounddug27
    ?

russian armoured train

destroyed t-34 tank

grounddug27
    ?

diff planes on all fronts, in action and on airfields

grounddug27
    ?

Default Russian Landmarks? Civis In Action,russia 1942-43 By German Solider

RUSSIA PICS DATED FROM 1942-43
    TAKEN BY GERMAN SOLIDER, HAVE ABOUT 60 FROM THIS ONE LOT, these are the most interesting i think...they all have writting on the backs.

grounddug27
    ?

Default part 2 of the russian pics from a german photographer

part 2 of pics

boxmike
    ?

Shortly said, these images are priceless! Well done.

I'm really glad I found and joined this site.

Regards,

- box

Brendan Hunt
    ?

Hi everyone,

This information and these photographs have been fitted together in honor of Wilhelm Dertinger, a Stalingrad survivor and a Gulag victim. The photos are in a mixmatched order which by majority depict Dertinger's role prewar and very early war, but some do display his service in Russia. All of this information and these photographs have been provided to me by my friend Jurgen B, who happens to be Dertinger's grandson. Forgive me if parts of the information do not seem clear or do not add up, because I was told this by my friend who only was told it by his grandmother, so bits and peices of this may be slightly
    changed and imbelished/exagerated, but I'll try my best. I'll also try to list the photos in the best chronological order possible, but the photo album scans will not be listed that way because it is a post war album and all of the photos are mixed together date-wise. I hope this makes sense to you. Also, I've marked Dertinger in group shots that I've spotted him in, so he'll stand out easier.

The story goes as thus:

Wilhelm Dertinger was in the Pimpfe, RAD, Wehrmacht, and within the Wehrmacht, the infantry and the pioneers. He served in Poland and France, and sometime inbetween, was switched to the pionier, probably with his background in the RAD, and was later sent to Russia, where he was later sent to Stalingrad. One of the letters to his wife stated "We can see the lights of Stalingrad now, but we'll never take the city". Dertinger also wrote to his wife in a postcard that he had a ticket to get out of Stalingrad, but he said the ships (He says ships, so since there was no naval evacuation, I presume he means aircraft. Another possibility is that he came to Stalingrad around the Crimean area, because there was a naval evacuation there.) were packed and people were literally holding onto the railings. He gave up his ticket because he believed in "We are the pioniere, we are the first ones in and the last ones out". His wife never heard from him again. Sometime in the early 1950's, a friend of Dertinger who had been released from a Soviet Gulag knocked on the door of Dertinger's wife's home. He explained to her that he and Dertinger went to the same Gulag, and that Dertinger died of Yellow Fever and was finished off by a meathook, which the NKVD guards used to drag him to a mass grave, still presumadely alive. Before his demise Dertinger had givin his friend his wedding band, and this ring was givin to Dertinger's wife during her conversation with Dertinger's friend. Ironically it seems as if his friend was switched with him from the infantry to the pioniere which you will possibly discover shortly.

That is basically the entire story.

Pimpfe in 1933. Note the boy standing at the far left.

Pimpfe again.

RAD and WH Infantry Portrait Photos.

WH Infantry Portrait Photos.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast