Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

WW2 German Ostfront pictures

Article about: Here is the pictures of how the local peoples say "Welcome Hitler"

Unregistered
    ?

Default Re: WW2 German Ostfront pictures

Prewar Barracks. Note the number of men with facial hair.

Prewar or very early war barracks photo. Note the man remaining in the torn photo below.

Upper left, preparing for parade in Karlsbad. Lower left, train. Right, Dertinger prewar.

Karlsbad Parade, 1940. Both photos have been turned into postcards. The back one of the photos states: "Zur Erinnerung an den Einmarsch am 5. August 1940 in Karlsbad."

2. # ADS

Unregistered
    ?

Upper left, Dertinger and other infantrymen. Lower left, Dertinger with comrades in drill uniforms. Upper right, Weinsberg where either Dertinger or his wife are from. Lower right, Dertinger with a comrade.

Dertinger's daughter and wife, as well as a pionier barracks group photo.

Upper left, Dertinger with other pioniers, early war. Lower left, I have no clue. Upper right, I have no clue either, RAD? Lower right, RAD group photo.

Dertinger as a pionier. Photo either taken or developed in Erlangen, Germany.

Unregistered
    ?

Dertinger as an Unteroffizier walking away from a grave in what looks to be a Rachel within a steppe in Russia. He has the EKII. *NOTE: Someone once mentioned to me that the landscape looks more like Crimea, so is it possible that he went through Crimea and then up to the South of Stalingrad?

Dertinger as an Unteroffizier on parade with comrades. Note the man standing to Dertinger's right.

Dertinger as an Unteroffizier in Russia.

The last photo of taken of Dertinger as a Feldwebel standing before an anti-tank ditch in what may be the outskirts of Stalingrad. Beyond is what seems to be alot of shelled earth and barbed wire emplacements. At his feet is an unfinished barbed wire obstacle.

Unregistered
    ?

Here are some random things that were in Dertinger and his wife's possesion. MG34 and PAK Postcard.

Now, I'd like you to take a look at the man I kept telling you to take note of. Looks like the same guy? Ironic? Maybe this is the man that went to the Gulag with Dertinger?

This is said to be the IAB that was awarded to Dertinger when he was an infantryman. I'm not sure if it is bronze or silver. It is marked on the back as S.H.u.Co. 41. It has suffered some zincpest which I have cured to my extent with vasiline.

I would like to thank Chris Pittman and jugendkrieger as well as NZMark for helping me out with this.

*UPDATE: There is a very strong possibility that he was sent through Crimea to the southern front of Stalingrad as reenforcments. Research is still undergoing. I'll keep updating this.

Thanks for your time,
    -Brendan

?

The latest pictures categorized in special subforum
    Ostfront pictures - Military History Forum. War history. Uniforms. Tanks. Weapons

YoZh
    ?

thank You for photos!

DELTA 9 1/2
    ?

to post # 46..is the A VW in there???

?

Quote by DELTA 9 1/2 View Post
    to post # 46..is the A VW in there???