Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

You never know

Article about: Yesterday as I was doing my Saturday morning estate sales I cam across a shoe box of some rather uninteresting postcards and as I was flipping through this lot I came across the pictured ite

Default You never know

Yesterday as I was doing my Saturday morning estate sales I cam across a shoe box of some rather uninteresting postcards and as I was flipping through this lot I came across the pictured item.I paid 15.00 dollars for this postcard! The thing was flown by the Hindenburg Zeppelin on one of the North America flights.I was dumb struck a card with Hitler on it sells for about 15 to 50 dollars a postcard of Hitler flown by the Hindenburg is a rare find.You never know what you will run into at old estate sales.If anyone can translate the message I would be very happy.Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture You never know   You never know  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement You never know
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: You never know

It is always fun to find a diamond among the stones.
    SteveR

?

That's a great find, congratulations!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

There are three words that I just can't decypher, try as I might. Maybe another member will be able to fill in the blanks. Here's the majority of the text:

"München, Georgenstr. 38/1 l.

Mein lieber Adi! Danke für dein Briefchen, bin froh, daß Ihr alle gesund seid. Du mußt Deine einzige Schwester lieb haben und besuchen, denn sie ist so müde von der vielen Arbeit u. Du bist doch mit dem Auto gleich dort. [...] [...] du [...] wo jetzt die Gelegenheit so gut ist. Sende mit Hindenburg u. das ist unser Reichskanzler Hitler. Ich grüße Euch alle und bin Eure treue Mami
    ."

....meaning:

"Munich, Georgenstr. 38/1 l.

My dear Adi! Thanks for your letter, am happy that you are all healthy. You must love your only sister and go visit her, because she is so tired from all the work and by car you can get there in no time. [...] [...] you [...], now that the opportunity is so good. Sending by Hindenburg and this is our Reichs Chancellor Hitler. I greet you all and am your faithful mommy
    ."

Hope this helps.

Very interesting postcard, the Zeppelin link is so good.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks HPL2008 I owe you big time.

Wonderful card, and a great find !

This is a photo image of Hitler I have never seen before,
    neither in a book or anywhere else................!
    Regards,

Steve.

A superb card

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem