Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

2010 My favourite and best finds

Article about: Fighterace, Those are superb and unique relics with great history attached, I enjoyed watching the water recovery on Dig 1940 top marks for the ingenious plan to float the digger down on the

?

Default Re: 2010 My favourite and best finds

Your picture isn't playing Nick, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh one day though! All the best for 2011!

?

Hi Ian

Sorted it now - first pics I have tried to put on here, so a bit of a learning curve + the G&T probably slowed me down! All the best for 2011 - We will have to get together to look for some of those sites next/this year

Hi John,
    You've had some good finds this year, I particularily like the engraved watch.
    Thanks for showing them, here's to the 2011 search year. I think it should be good just based on sites we already know but no doubt more to come with our little Band of Brothers.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Nick well done with your engine thats a cracker !

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Hi John,
    You've had some good finds this year, I particularily like the engraved watch.
    Thanks for showing them, here's to the 2011 search year. I think it should be good just based on sites we already know but no doubt more to come with our little Band of Brothers.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

I think we are going to have a great year and find many intresting relics

Good thread to start w.h.! I'm jealous of the roman coin. I rather enjoy finding old coins. Here's a few of mine.

A remington rollingblock carbine cartridge from a 1871 U.S./Korea engagement, my
    first full garand clip, a few Japanese coins and a U.S. machingun belt with the
    tracer rounds intentionally cut out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2010 My favourite and best finds   2010 My favourite and best finds  

2010 My favourite and best finds   2010 My favourite and best finds  

2010 My favourite and best finds   2010 My favourite and best finds  

The condition of those iron belt links and the garand clip are remarkable. Must be very dry soil there.

Thanks for sharing.

Steve T

Thanks for sharing your finds mate very nice condition

hard to pick out the best finds of 2010, sticking to the Battle of Britain given its the 70th Anerversary. These two are my pick of the year

First if the control column recovered from a 11th August 1940 hurricane flown by John cock 87sdn, shot down over portland bt helmet wick and bailed to safety. This was recovered from an under water dig and shown on BBC1 Dig1940.

Second if the 3 bladed propellor recovered from a Supermarine spitfire n3221 7th October 1940 flown by M.E Staples, shot down during Yeovil raid and bailed to safety
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2010 My favourite and best finds   2010 My favourite and best finds  

2010 My favourite and best finds  

?

It's been a good year! That digger never looked safe but it did the job. Some bits didn't make the final cut of the programme... The propeller's going on display in the new Battle of Britain tower at Hendon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2010 My favourite and best finds  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast