Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

97 Armee Korps..( the last days)

Article about: another

?

Default Re: 97 Armee Korps..( the last days)

Hello Odie
    What happens than captive the prisoners... they was taken in a prisoner camp near Rijeka. Maybe Marko will help you he know wery well the situation . If you have some foto , or somethning else of your Grandfather please post it...
    Have you read the book of Roland Kaltenegger Zona d,operazione littorale adriatico (is in Italian language, but i think that is also in German) . In this book is a good describe about it.
    He was chief of staff of 97.AK or of 188. Geb Jag Div ?

best regards..........Sašo

Thank you for your quick Response Saso,

My grandfather was the chief of staff of the 97.AK. All that we know is that he was in the same cell as Oberst Reindel and unfortunatly he only gave us the Information that my grandfahter was in the same cell and was taken for interagation and never was seen again. About the rest of the time Oberst Reindel was inprisoned he did not talk neithe to us or his own Family. But I have some personel Information about my grandfather and that is not much he was Born on the 27th July 1907 in Suderwich (now Recklinghausen) Germany. Prior to his duty in the 97. AK he was 1a in the Div. Staff in the 369. Infantrie Division (kroatisch) also known as the Teufelsdivision (Devilsdivision) until August 1944. Tito had placed a bounty of 10000 Reichmark on the head of my grandfather. He was wounded in Stalingrad and had the luck to be evacuated befor the red army closed the ring agound Stalingrad.
    Unfotunatly the only Foto which we had belonged to my grandmother and since she died 15 years ago I don´t know were it is.

Best regard Stefan (Odie)
    Last edited by Odie1967; 04-06-2013 at 04:40 PM.

?

Hi,yes there was ca camp near Rijeka ,now there is parking for a shipyard. I m afraid your grandfather is at the bottom of Kvarner bay. Partisans shoot most of them,and throw bodies in sea.

Hi Markom,

Thank you for your answer. I know that my Grandfather was in a cell but never registered as a prisoner of war.

Great thread. Thanks for sharing your nice finds.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Today ...few finds but the mountain flower makes me happy....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 97 Armee Korps..( the last days)   97 Armee Korps..( the last days)  

?

Default today

Today i made new frienship . We made a great day with great finds with a lot of history . Thanks to D and D for great day!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 97 Armee Korps..( the last days)   97 Armee Korps..( the last days)  

97 Armee Korps..( the last days)   97 Armee Korps..( the last days)  

?

Hi

Today with friends we made a lot of beautiful finds. But the best ever is an erkennungsmarken of 137 reserve gebirgs jager regiment ..was an regiment of 188.res.geb. jag. division

Have a nice wiew.

S

?

Default Yesterday find

Only an GGG waiting for me yesterday. Maybe next time will be better...

?

Default ..

Yesterday poor finds but the company and weather was great!!
    Next time will be better?!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast