Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Absolutly disgusting

Article about: by reneblacky Well at least the Australian govt preserved one of the three buggers Love your angry cat avatar mate!...

Default Absolutly disgusting

I wasnt sure what section to put this in. I know everyone here does the right thing.

Just seen this and was shocked to see some people go to these lengths.
    Enemy at the time or not , everyone deserves to rest in peace.
    Hope they catch them!
    Australia vandals steal Japan WWII submarine relics - The West Australian

Default Re: Absolutly disgusting

I hope they get em, the parts should be hard to sell publicly

This is comparable to when the Auschwitz entrance sign saw stolen.
    Morris

It really paid to put the long range cameras out....I wonder what they showed? Maybe the thieves stopped and posed with the relics on their way back to shore....I don't know why I'm surprised with such a story....it looks like nothing really Is sacred anymore. I imagine that the items will disappear into private collections and hopefully will resurface(no pun intended) Someday. I give the thieves one thing-They sure had guts.(That or they were damned Stupid...)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Sad day for Australia and ww2 history in general. I hope the theives get caught as they stupidly try to sell the items

Just curious... but why don't they raise the sub and then display it in a museum? It's just going to rot away down there, isn't it? Then, they wouldn't have to worry about people stealing parts of it.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Just curious... but why don't they raise the sub and then display it in a museum? It's just going to rot away down there, isn't it? Then, they wouldn't have to worry about people stealing parts of it.
    There is one of them displayed in the Australian War Museum Canberra I'll try and dig some shots if I still have them
    edit -- here's the shots
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-14-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: added text & pic

Desecrating a war grave, that's pretty bloody low!...

The world is full of people like this. Think the world owes them something, when it's the other way around. Money for nothing is all they're interested in.

This is the reason RRPG keep their sites to themselves and don't divulge anything about the locations of our digs. It always amazes me when we post our finds threads, the number of people who ask where we were digging...............Do they honestly believe we are going to tell them ???

They will get caught. Arseholes.

Well at least the Australian govt preserved one of the three pesky buggers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast