Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Air Raid Shelter - detector find

Article about: Yes you read the post title correctly ,I found a Air raid shelter using my locator at work.Whilst searching an old range /ammunition storage site I had a huge reading the set was at maximum

Default Air Raid Shelter - detector find

Yes you read the post title correctly ,I found a Air raid shelter using my locator at work.Whilst searching an old range /ammunition storage site I had a huge reading the set was at maximum and was trying to pin point the centre as best as i could .Then the ground vanished from beneath my feat .I fell about 3ft through a hole that was at the time covered in grass.After getting over the shock of it it soon became clear i had found a shelter.We got torches and shone them inside and could just make out what looked like radio equipment and a doorway at the far end.Because of safety reasons it was decided to excavate the end with the door instead of going in through the hole i first used.After it was excavated we could get in properly,The radio ? equipment seemed to be a mix of various items some maybe radio related or electronic test equipment,There was also a mix of post ww2 debris but it looked as if nothing had been touched for a long time.The area was reported to the land owners and is waiting further investigation by them .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Air Raid Shelter - detector find   Air Raid Shelter - detector find  

Air Raid Shelter - detector find   Air Raid Shelter - detector find  

Default Re: Air Raid Shelter - detector find

WOW. Very nice work!!! Congratulations !

?

Spotter, what a fantastic find, i wish i had a few undiscovered holes around here, the most ive managed was a damn rabbit hole and severely sprained my ankle!!

?

A "Hole in one" ... or the military version of "Narnia" !.

Nice find !!

Gary J.

Holy crap Spotter ! What an awesome find !

Normally when I get a detection that covers that sort of area I think to myself 'BAH More metal roadway ' and walk away without even breaking turf ........... but not any more !

Superb find. Congrats.

Steve T

Well done mate!!!
    Have you found anything else on the site?

?

WOW!!!! What a find!!!

Dean

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Well done mate!!!
    Have you found anything else on the site?
    Nothing of real interest,The site previously a ww1 range and during ww2 a munitions store is continuosly been developed for industrial use,we are mainly finding stuff from the WW1 period trench mortar ammunition 3in 4in stokes rounds,6 and 9.45in trench mortar rounds,
    from the WW2 period we have only found some British Incendiery bomb noses ,looked like a case of them had been burnt off.We have had a couple of small bunkers (empty) although the site has lots of ammo storage and other use bunkers it appears that over time some of these have been missed off maps of the site

Awesome find its amazing that theres still things like this waiting to be found just below the surface any ideas about the history of the bunker?

Thanks for showing

Danny

Hi Danny ,,sorry but all i can say because its part of an on-going clearance task is that its in the Uk and part of what was a large ammunition storage area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast