Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Airfield Adventure and an intresting peice on the airfield range

Article about: Hello Yesturday me and LS went on an adventure to a airbase. we had a good full day exploring the old shelters and buildings towards the end of the day we where walking through and spotted s

Default Airfield Adventure and an intresting peice on the airfield range

Hello

Yesturday me and LS went on an adventure to a airbase. we had a good full day exploring the old shelters and buildings towards the end of the day we where walking through and spotted so bits on the floor first we found a wheel (LS has the pictures) a bike and all sorts of wartime looking stuff. i even manged to find a AM spoon. Really pleased with this as it is my first AM marked item.

Today

I went on the airfield firing range i thought about finding a few bullets but i decided just for today i would dig all iron signals. after about 20 bits of crap i dug down and saw green paint and lettering , after 1 of digging i manged to get it out safely. Does anybody know what it is im really pleased with it and dying to find out what it is

I thought it was a ammo crate at first but i has a cap on it

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Airfield Adventure and an intresting peice on the airfield range   Airfield Adventure and an intresting peice on the airfield range  

Airfield Adventure and an intresting peice on the airfield range   Airfield Adventure and an intresting peice on the airfield range  

Airfield Adventure and an intresting peice on the airfield range   Airfield Adventure and an intresting peice on the airfield range  

?

Default Re: Airfield Adventure and an intresting peice on the airfield range

Tin for blue grey paint?

Hi John,
    Thats an interesting find looks like it was a hard job digging that out. It should come up a treat left in the anti rust treatment, you might even find that the print will show a date of manufacture say 3/1943 or 1944 .
    By the size of it I think you'll have to get down the 99p shop again and stock up with more anti rust treatment
    Its a good plan digging all signals, it's really worth it when you're on site because a lot of interesting military stuff was made of iron and steel.
    Good luck if you're having a go tomorrow.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Hi John,
    Looking at your spoon again, could you take an even closer close up picture of the markings on the spoon because Im intrigued what is in the circle above the AM marking it looks like an anchor?
    Thanks
    LS

?

It's probably the centre of the crown in the circle above the AM that looks a bit anchor-ish.

All the best,
    PB

It is 100% a crown the picture is not very good it was the closest i could get sorry

Definitely a crown. Next time I see you I'll bring you a selection of reading glasses LS

Awesome finds. I love the AM cutlery. Hoepfully a soak in the rust remover will reveal more of the lettering on your big piece.

Steve T

Inside i could see and smell paint now looking at the writing it says something BLU GREY

I'm not going to put it in rust remover because its extremely fragile at the moment im going to open it up and put wooden block inside it and try to repair it