Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Airfield aircrew barracks - AMAZING finds !!!

Article about: Well I just don't know what to say. For the first time in years I actually rang the wife whilst detecting. She firstly told me to calm down, then told me to stop swearing so much, and then s

Default Re: Airfield aircrew barracks - AMAZING finds !!!

Great find's them Steve i get the same reaction from my missus when i bring a new additon to my collection THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND DO THEY ,
    P.S i love the tie clip/ money clip that's very personal isn't it.
    cheer's Ronnie

?

Thrilling finds Steve , to dig up that wound badge is sweet ! just think , you`re the first person to handle that in over sixty odd years , great collectible and still in reasonable nick ! nice one by the way love the german naval button also ! Well done to ade for i d`ing the mag loader , amazing stuff mate !

cheers Al

Hi Steve, as already mentioned the dog tag which you found is a Luftwaffe one which bears a "MOB" number. Tags numbered this way were only given to aircrew or FJ units.

I contacted a friend in Germany who has a list of these numbers and to which units they were assigned to. How much better do you think your day can get? Well, your tag was worn by a member of 13 Kompanie/Fallschirmjäger Regiment 16. They were part of 6th Fallschirmjäger-Division and were decimated in Normandy.

Cheers, Ade.

HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW !!!!!!!!

Thanks Ade !!!

Jan
    ?

As an archaeologist I really understand and share your excitement

?

Could the fancy buckle be part of a civilian braces set for trousers?

?

I recognise the top right buckle.. it was used on the Air Training Corps uniform belt (trousers), dont know if it was used on RAF uniforms prior to this (Spent ages polishing one of them in cadets with Brasso..). The large buckle could also easily be off an RAF No.1 uniform jacket. Smaller one on the bottom right looks like a strap adjusting buckle off a rucksack or breadbag.

The odd clip with the blue squares could be associated with the pocket watch possibly, looks like a catch from the end of an Albert (chain).. as posted above could also be from braces.

Hi Steve,
    Great find's! I know how hard it can be to find thing's that only we seem to go off about I have had similar finding's here in oz at a former POW camp that once housed 4,000 German Afrika Korps and Italian prisoner's from the desert war.I too can now proove it by the discovery of some German pebbled tunic button's and also some Navy button's (they would have been from surviving member's of the German surface raider 'Kormoran' that sunk our famous cruiser 'SYDNEY' that were also sent to the same camp).Will place a thread when i finish my own expedition's and until such time the location remain's secret.I would suggest you do the same to stop other hunter's from spoiling the broth

I look forward to your next thread
    Tom

Me again Steve,
    That is the prong's from a German alloy belt buckle (probably in this case Luftwaffe) and a wound badge in silver.Very nice

Amazing info from Ade about your ID tag! Put that in a frame with a photo of Normandy Para's right above your BAR and be very proud my friend
    Tom

Nice finds That is quite a variety of different stuff from different countries at one location. I'm curious as to how the wound badge got there. Possibly a prisoner not wanting to be interrogated with it on so he tossed it? We will never know for sure.

Congrat's, Ty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast