Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

another m42 ss helmet saved from ground

Article about: Thanks guys! .... I have a couple of M42s I'd like to try it on. Dan

Default Re: another m42 ss helmet saved from ground

Thanks guys! .... I have a couple of M42s I'd like to try it on.

Dan

?

See to that the lid is in dry environment when you do it, not trapping moist under the coating. Not ultra important, but one might as well do the best possible.

Regards, Lars

And hot too Lars? ..... because when the melted wax touches the cold metal it will not spread smoothly.
    Do you warm the helmet with a heater?

?

Normally i find it not problematic in room temp, as long as the wax is kept hot. Just apply a bit at the time. I guess you could use the wife's hair dryer as a help. When she not home of course

Regards, Lars

?

I prefer the "British-Muslim"- the vaseline, it mixwd with white-spirit, then applyed smoothly, I think the bee wax will dissolved too in the bensin, or white-spirit
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I know that you can heat the bees wax and mix it with olive oil or plant oil. It makes it easier to work with. Never heard of the British-Muslim

THanks Lars and Dimas,
    I have a couple of relics to experiment on so will try both types. I know of white spirit and we have bees wax so will see which works best in the southern hemisphere.
    Dan

I airbrush model makers' matt varnish which seals the metal and does not change the colour of any paintwork. Nice lid, by the way.

Hi, I tried to PM you but it says your folder is full? I have your name from Wagriff, he says you're a reliable source. I am interested in a Waffen SS Skull ring, preferably silver and from the Eastern Front. Would you have such a thing available, and if not, any tips on where to find a reliable original?
    Thanks so much,
    Mark

If you are trying to contact Ostland Digger he has not been active for a couple of years.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast