Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Another short trip to an airfield near me:)

Article about: Hi Sy, If it,s the one im thinking of have you been over the far side on the cliff top, there is still the aircraft target area there, and we have found some nice 20mm in the past. and a lot

Default Re: Another short trip to an airfield near me:)

Hi Sy,
    If it,s the one im thinking of have you been over the far side on the cliff top, there is still the aircraft target area there, and we have found some nice 20mm in the past. and a lot of 303, they would shoot across the field and then out to sea,
    but the fence stops us from going in to the field now, we had a family farm on the other side of the airfield and 20mm cases would come up in the fields.
    dave.

Quote by cornishboy View Post
    Hi Andy,thanks but i think the one i have is just the hollow steel variant.......
    There were some base fuzed 20mm rounds CB so please be careful. Just because it doesn't have a brass nose doesn't mean it isn't HE or even AP/INC. As Andy quite rightly says, they are bad tempered little sods at the best of times ! Even I leave 20mm heads if I find them.......

Steve T

A few more morsels to view.The larger cartridge case is stamped ICI 43 the smaller ELEY NOBEL 12
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another short trip to an airfield near me:)  

The tube turned out to be Brylcreem,now iv got the full set
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another short trip to an airfield near me:)   Another short trip to an airfield near me:)  

Another short trip to an airfield near me:)  

Hi Sy,
    nice finds mate you have found a good little area to dig hope you find more,
    dave.

I just had to get out today and have a dig,not many finds but it felt great to get out
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another short trip to an airfield near me:)  

I know how you feel. I am desperate to get out as well !!!

Nice 20mm. Link still attached ?

Happy New Year Steve! Yes it was driving me nuts especially reading all the recent threads,381 and luckystrike ,i blame you two most! Yes that 20mm still has its link attached,i'll give it all a clean and let you know more as soon as i can.Good spot by the way Steve

Stamped 20mm 1942 BBC in really nice condition.You should have seen what i didnt bring home a horse shoe, 10 spanners, one of those looped barbed wire fence posts,some war dated naafi cups to name a few

Very nice

The only thing that kept me going through December was the crate of B17 bits and the airfield dump finds I got sent.

Oh wait.........I don't expect that helped you much either.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast