Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Another Unique find (probably)

Article about: John i may take you up on that if you dont mind, next big show down your end maybe, hope to see you in Leeds and have a chat regards Ronnie

?

Default Re: Another Unique find (probably)

you`re a sniper born and bred

Al

I want a T4 next

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    stewy has a tank top, so he"s close
    Ok I'm dyslexic I want a No4 T

I love the military battle-field finds.... they have almost more character than a minty one does. I feel it is an added bonus knowing that your rifle was certainy fired during the war.

That enfield is a beauty, great work

Thanks
    Ok, as a footnote. This is an absolutely TRUE story, I mean, you just couldn't make this one up. I know it seems unbelievable but i promise you it is the absolute truth. When i "restored" it, I looked at it and thought to myself "This one will shoot" I needed to get it onto my FAC so a freind of mine is an RFD and he told me to get a black and decker workmate and 3 proof cartridges 30% over charge,(wax head) I hid behind a wall with a piece of string attached to the trigger, and fired off all the rounds. At the point of detonation a .303 delivers 21 TONS of pressure per square inch. So his thought was if it withstood 3 rounds 30% over, it would withstand being proofed. It was proofed in London, and thankfully it now sits on my FAC.

I have 14 lee Enfields in various states of decay,( one has the wooden butt and inside the oil bottle with original oil in it!) so leaving it "as was" was not an option to be honest. It is an Enfield 1916 made one with early woodwork with the dip at the front right to take the volley sights.It has 1 armourers stamp to say its had a barrel change at some point, apart from a new set of mid sights,Butt, magazine, and for end it is "as found"

The last time I took it out, the President of the "Classic lee Enfield shooters club offered me a mint to sell it. I never will, no amount of money could come close. (He offered 4 figures, and i still said no). The proof I have that it is the same rifle are the comparison shots, which can easily be faked. But on my life, this is the same rifle. I added a leather sling to be "in keeping"

My forte is WW1, especially the Somme. I have a huge collection of artefacts that I personally have found, apart from the "body" in 1998, the greatest thrill was finding a complete Lewis gunners armourers kit, all dated 1915, semi preserved in the clay, and the bag carried a Divisional stamp. how cool was that! Sadly time constraints (and wife) forbid me to go anymore, anyway the laws have toughened up, and to be honest, it just ain't worth the hassle

I collect .303 ammunition, and 2000 rounds of that collection, come from the Somme.

Some I have fired, although the delay between the "pop" of the primer, and the main charge (with cordite) tends to worry me a little!
    Cheers

collector57
    ?

Nice find there, beautiful gun!

Quote by collector57 View Post
    Nice find there, beautiful gun!
    I know what you mean but I think that it TRULY deserves the name of RIFLE. Probably THE RIFLE.

Lovely restoration and story behind it. Thanks for sharing!

Martyn.

Quote by martynv4 View Post
    I know what you mean but I think that it TRULY deserves the name of RIFLE. Probably THE RIFLE.

Lovely restoration and story behind it. Thanks for sharing!

Martyn.
    This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun....................Full Metal Jacket, Priceless!

And never call a round, a bullet!

the Lee Enfield brit 303 is a great Weapon very powerfull

i have a model 1914 i love to shoot it when i have time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3