Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Any ideas of what could be?

Article about: Hi guys. I've found some militaria relics on a Greek mountain, including this. I couldn't figure out if it's a part of something or not. Opinions please...

Default Any ideas of what could be?

Hi guys. I've found some militaria relics on a Greek mountain, including this. I couldn't figure out if it's a part of something or not. Opinions please...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any ideas of what could be?   Any ideas of what could be?  

Any ideas of what could be?   Any ideas of what could be?  

The cogged wheel indicate it is possibly 'driven' by a chain. Doesn't look like anything ordnance related to me I'm afraid.

Default Cable drum

It appears to me that you have the rusted remains of a German cable drum/reel for telephone wire. There must have been many of these on the battlefield and other area during the war. I have attached a couple of photos of a drum and carrier that came out of the German tunnels here in Jersey where it had been dumped after the Occupation of the Island.
    All the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any ideas of what could be?   Any ideas of what could be?  

Good sleuthing Damien
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Great work.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    It appears to me that you have the rusted remains of a German cable drum/reel for telephone wire. There must have been many of these on the battlefield and other area during the war. I have attached a couple of photos of a drum and carrier that came out of the German tunnels here in Jersey where it had been dumped after the Occupation of the Island.
    All the best,
    D.
    Thanx a lot Damien! Do you own one or you just knew what it is?

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    All the best,
    D.
    Eagle eye!.......

Hi,
    I own a few for sure, but I have seen tons of that sort of kit rusting away in the tunnels here on Jersey where the German kit was dumped after the Occupation so it was an easy spot for me.
    D.