Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

August Bank Holiday Dig On US Army Dumping Ground.

Article about: by shadowwolf @Luckystrike Good idea, I'll see what I can 'Dig' out so to speak @Jimpy Are you sure that it isn't going to be webbing related, and 37 pattern at that Regards to all, Simon. S

Default August Bank Holiday Dig On US Army Dumping Ground.

Hello Guys, Need a show of hands to see who can make a dig on the WW2 US Army dumping ground for 28-30th August (Bank Holiday weekend) coming up! Next thing i will need to know is how many would be prepared to stay overnight and camp in a field of Mrs B's choice as i can discuss this with her and ask her where tents and barbecue equipment could be set up. The setting is idyllic there and it would save those travelling long distance a long drive at end of day. Anyone who can deffinately make this dig just send me a message saying you will be there and if you are camping overnight or not. I think thats easiest way to do it. Judging by the sheer volume of varied finds unearthed there a big weekend push on the site could prove very interesting. Regards to all, Tim.

Default Re: August Bank Holiday Dig On US Army Dumping Ground.

I'd love to be involved with this Tim but unfortunately I'll still be in France, hopefully there might be another dig in the Autumn?

Cheers,

Steve

Quote by Steve83 View Post
    I'd love to be involved with this Tim but unfortunately I'll still be in France, hopefully there might be another dig in the Autumn?

Cheers,

Steve
    Ok Steve and thanks for the message.

Hi Tim, once again I am away that weekend at a show. But good luck to all involved, sounds like a great weekend you have planned.

Cheers, Ade.

Tim, as long as I can get a lift... count me in

Cheers, Simon.

?

Hi Tim

As far as I am aware, I am available that weekend and should be able to borrow a tent from one of my sons.

Simon, if I am OK for it, you've got a lift on the same terms as usual mate.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

PS: If I am available, I will have to leave early on the Sunday as I'm on Jury Service from the 31st, dont want to be late for that!!
    Last edited by jimpy; 07-23-2010 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Addition

Hi Tim,
    Its good to hear from you I hope your house move went ok?
    You can count me in I'll be there, been looking forward to it I'll be camping over.
    This is just an idea but I thought it would be good if any forum members coming over brought a couple of items from their collections, so while we're enjoying the barbi and perhaps a beer or two we'll also have some interesting relics to look at.
    Anyway all the best for now.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

?

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Hi Tim,
    This is just an idea but I thought it would be good if any forum members coming over brought a couple of items from their collections, so while we're enjoying the barbi and perhaps a beer or two we'll also have some interesting relics to look at.
    Anyway all the best for now.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    I like the sound of that idea LS.

Im willing to fetch a couple of things with me, and NO, it wont be a set of 37ptn webbing!

Regards etc

Ian D

?

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Tim
    PS: If I am available, I will have to leave early on the Sunday as I'm on Jury Service from the 31st, dont want to be late for that!!

The above SHOULD read Monday, the 31st is a Tuesday!

Ive checked with "she who must be obeyed" and we have nothing on that weekend, so I will be there for the weekend.

Tim,
    Ive spoken to Simon, (ShadowWolf) and, as it stands at present, I will be bringing him with me.

Regards etc

Ian D

@Luckystrike Good idea, I'll see what I can 'Dig' out so to speak

@Jimpy Are you sure that it isn't going to be webbing related, and 37 pattern at that

Regards to all, Simon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast