Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Australian AIF ( or British ) regimental button ~

Article about: Hey !! I think I found exactly what they are ! Purely by accident ~ Lee Enfield SMLE Cleaning Kit | eBay I was browsing to find 303 ammo clips to "tidy up" the live rounds I have b

Default Re: Australian AIF ( or British ) regimental button ~

Hey !!

I think I found exactly what they are ! Purely by accident ~

Lee Enfield SMLE Cleaning Kit | eBay

I was browsing to find 303 ammo clips to "tidy up" the live rounds I have been "restoring" ~ and there it is ? ~ but it does not account for the wooden one (??)

AIF
    ?

It does look like the end of a pull through, why didn't I think of that? LOL... Is it hollow?

Yes..well; by design ~ but have been clogged with dirt and or broken cord !!

Very obvious when you think about it !! LOL

AIF
    ?

Just check if it is slightly thinner than a .303 bullet and if it is you have a winner

4md
    ?

looks like a pull through they are usually brass......you have a couple of lee enfield sling ends as well.

great finds anyway, youve found a excellent place to search

regards Paul

ATP just see if you can rub the button a bit so we can see shape of crown as that will decide the era, although it looks 1902-52.

I think I am right in saying Australian companies made tunics for the British Army, I know Canada did and General Service buttons were usually made locally to be added to these. On top of that if your camp was used post war be every chance as already noted that it came back as either a souvenir or on a jacket that was acquired possibly whilst in the ETO, or British soldiers being there before returning home.... As you rightly say if only it could talk...

Here in Britain it's probably the most prolific military button we find as the vast numbers made and issued particularly in WW1 (and some again in WW2)

Cheers
    Steve

Agree that the buttons are likely to be the King's crown version and the same as these two that I dug up in a 1930's rubbish dump, in Wales.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian AIF ( or  British ) regimental button ~  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

And a 93rd foot button with the Queen Victoria crown, just to show the difference in the crowns.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian AIF ( or  British ) regimental button ~  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Steve ~ Yes has a crown ~ the button is identical to the image I posted ~but here it is again~ I think same as Jerry posted ~ top left frame

Australian AIF ( or  British ) regimental button ~

And the barrel cleaning kit with weight ~ Diameter <.275>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2