MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

B17 parts to id

Article about: In the week I was invited to visit a 381st bomb group crash site these are some of my eyeball finds. Any help with I'd would be great. Andy

Default B17 parts to id

In the week I was invited to visit a 381st bomb group crash site these are some of my eyeball finds. Any help with I'd would be great.

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B17 parts to id   B17 parts to id  

B17 parts to id   B17 parts to id  

Default Re: B17 parts to id

Another little bit
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B17 parts to id   B17 parts to id  

Some interesting small bits of skin from the site. What makes them interesting is they are from the tail or the wing tip of the aircraft because they are the only bits of a 381st b17 that are red

Andy

A bag full of bits to clean. I don't think there is anything very interesting in there but it's worth giving it a scrub up

B17 parts to id   B17 parts to id  

B17 parts to id  

Hi - your second bit looks like a fragment of oxygen regulator...

?

More nice stuff there Andy.

The item in your first post is the left-side foot pedal from a ball turret.
    This adjusted the range reticle in the gunsight.

Item No.2 is indeed the front plate from an oxygen regulator, a Type A-12 to be precise.

All the best,
    PB

Ball turret parts my favourite
    Thanks very much Paul!
    Well done Elliott you were spot on with that one!!

Andy

Found a photo of the foot pedal in the ball turret where it should be it can be seen on the left of the sighting window.

B17 parts to id  

Bit of a long shot but was hoping someone might know what it was. It's a nice piece and far to good to leave behind.