Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

B17 site in Iceland

Article about: Found this old link on another forum. A few pictures of glaciers then the interesting stuff. A wartime incident and all the crew and passengers walked to safety. Iceland photos

?

Default B17 site in Iceland

Found this old link on another forum. A few pictures of glaciers then the interesting stuff. A wartime incident and all the crew and passengers walked to safety.
    Iceland photos

Default Re: B17 site in Iceland

Hi
    It would be like christmas come early finding that stuff there. The cold conditions have preserved it all well. How much are flights to Iceland anyway.

Martin

Ian,
    Iv got to go to iceland.!!!!!! Cant believe the condition of some of that stuff.

?

I think some of it has now been recovered but it looks an incredible site. I wondered why the mountaineer was carrying a pistol, then saw the next photo and realised he'd just picked it up and buckled it on.

?

Wow that's amazing, has this wreck just been revealed by Global warming? The reason I ask is because the condition of some these items are just unbelievable, and also do you intend to save some of the artifacts, that you found.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Gun Bunny
    ?

That .45 would fire with a little TLC I bet!!!

?

Funny enough its M3 Shoulder holster caught my eye as I'm sure leather items won't last many more years so exposed. Plus some of sealed rations tins would make a nice little trophy of your visit. As to the Colt M1911A1 that would be a really nice prize to bring home but I don't think Mr Plod would be in agreement

Nige.

?

Nige, I only found the link, not the site! Eastern France is the furthest I've been looking for planes. The story of the accident is in this newsletter:
    http://www.explorer.is/gogn/winter-05.pdf

?

It might cause trouble in the hand luggage.

?

Sorry M8 I thought this was a link to your own pictures, even so I wonder if the people in the photos took any souvenirs home with them. Plus Ian your right about the Colt or rather Remmington .45, I was offer one back in the mid 1990's at Stonleigh militria fair, which had come from a crash site in Holland, the price was the princely sum of £30 yes I'll say that again folks £30 quid. However having had a really good look at it I realised that it was not deactivated and in fact apart from the grips were missing and there was some slight blackening to the frame and slide there was nothing wrong with the pistol at all, which I mentioned at the time to another friend Adrian (The Professor) Hardgreaves while we were looking at the gun. In the finish I walk away from the deal for this reason, however someone else soon afterwards took the plunge and bought it, as when Prof and me walked back in the direction of that dealers stall, it had already gone.

Nige.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast