Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Back to the Airfield Week 2 day 1 More trench art and a cracking tag

Article about: Back to the Airfield this evening for 1 hour. took the camera along today. had a few more starter cartridges and a halfpenny 1942 1: More R A .50cals 2:Trench art .50cal 3: 20mm Trench art p

Default Back to the Airfield Week 2 day 1 More trench art and a cracking tag

Back to the Airfield this evening for 1 hour. took the camera along today. had a few more starter cartridges and a halfpenny 1942

1: More R A .50cals
    2:Trench art .50cal
    3: 20mm Trench art peices
    4: A really intresting serial tag has a broad arrow (top middle)

Thanks for looking,
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Back to the Airfield Week 2 day 1 More trench art and a cracking tag   Back to the Airfield Week 2 day 1 More trench art and a cracking tag  

Back to the Airfield Week 2 day 1 More trench art and a cracking tag   Back to the Airfield Week 2 day 1 More trench art and a cracking tag  

Back to the Airfield Week 2 day 1 More trench art and a cracking tag   Back to the Airfield Week 2 day 1 More trench art and a cracking tag  

Back to the Airfield Week 2 day 1 More trench art and a cracking tag  

?

Default Re: Back to the Airfield Week 2 day 1 More trench art and a cracking tag

RAF stores code prefix 4K: General Ground Equipment (including Refuelling Equipment)
    The broad arrow tends to indicate a post-1943 item (replacing the AM crown), and the contract date of 1944 seems to back that up.

All the best,
    PB

Default Re: Back to the Airfield Week 2 day 1 More trench art and a cracking tag

John,
    Nice finds with lots of history.
    I like the ID plate, PUMPS, TYRE INFLATING TYPE ?, You may find if you fold the bent over corner back it might show a Type number. If it does try a Google search, you never know it might come up showing what the pump looked like and perhaps its use. Could be from the pump for an aircraft escape dinghy or maybe just for the inflation of aircraft tyres either way its an excellent find.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Quote by Paul B View Post
    RAF stores code prefix 4K: General Ground Equipment (including Refuelling Equipment)
    The broad arrow tends to indicate a post-1943 item (replacing the AM crown), and the contract date of 1944 seems to back that up.

All the best,
    PB
    Cheers for the info paul

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    John,
    Nice finds with lots of history.
    I like the ID plate, PUMPS, TYRE INFLATING TYPE ?, You may find if you fold the bent over corner back it might show a Type number. If it does try a Google search, you never know it might come up showing what the pump looked like and perhaps its use. Could be from the pump for an aircraft escape dinghy or maybe just for the inflation of aircraft tyres either way its an excellent find.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Good point mate I'll try that when I get home

I have just looked under the folded corner it reads: B

Nice finds WH.

That place is going to be a real gold mine.

Did you get my e-mail by the way ? Hope it helped

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Nice finds WH.

That place is going to be a real gold mine.

Did you get my e-mail by the way ? Hope it helped

Steve T
    Hi steve yes i did get your email. I thought i replied to it but i must have forgot thanks very much for the picture