Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Back to the Bulge!

Article about: My last trip to the ardennes for a while, Not much to show except a nice nebelwerfer rocket or what was left of it . Next month I will be digging in Germany and meine douce Normandie. Cheers

Default Re: Back to the Bulge!

Thats a great report, I love the pictures and finds, the cones look like they are the nose cones off nebelwerfers , they're in amazing condition.
    All the best
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Thanks LS,
    Do you have a picture of those cones in use?
    I know there was an artillery gruppe in the area, but my info didn't tell me if they were Howitser or nebelwerfer.

Grtz,
    Steven

Fanatasic finds, Hunter! I'm also surprised by the types, sizes and amount of relics still remaining in that area.
    What I wouldn't give to be in your boots!
    As for the 303s, a number of posters've given a lot of good information about the firingpin marks given on those
    303s. I've found several like that on Australian and Canadian lines in the the Battle for Gapyong in Korea. I always
    wondered about that oval firing pin mark. So, it was a Bren after all. Good to know!

Hi davejb,
    You would astonished what you can still find here, after thorough research and some luck.
    But keep in mind that all of this was found on privat property and state forests in the Battle area are off limmits for MD.
    Check the digging law section.
    I hope you will have a lot of fun and if you are in Belgium give me a sign. If it's possible for me I will be glad to show you around.

Grtz,
    Steven

Hi Unforgottenwar,
    Thanks for the compliments.
    I love reading your threads about the Korean war, you must be one of the few who are that lucky enough to live there.
    There is an expo in the Belgium war museum about the Belgium armed forces in Korea.
    I will look up the internet adress for you if you want.
    Grtz,
    Steven

Hi Steven,
    thanks for showing your finds they are amazing, i would also like to doa dig in that area but maybe some day. you are a very lucky man to have such a dig at your disposal, Keep us posted on your next one.
    dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Steven,
    thanks for showing your finds they are amazing, i would also like to doa dig in that area but maybe some day. you are a very lucky man to have such a dig at your disposal, Keep us posted on your next one.
    dave.
    Thanks Panzer,
    I will do so and I'll post pictures of the panzerfaust after clean-up.
    The sad thing about the Ardennes is that the ground there is very sour and it doesn't preserve the artefacts well.
    I hope to go at it again in a week or 2, because they expect freezing temperatures and snow this weekend.

Grtz,
    Steven

That cylinder with a hose looks like its a respirator (Gas mask) canister or possibly a motorcycle air filter.

Quote by WW2Hunter View Post
    First weekend of fair weather after 1 month1/2 of reading and research. So I couldn't pass the opportunity. So I had an RV at 8 o'clock with a buddy of mine.
    Thanks to my wife who took out the alarm clock, I was already 2hours behind schedule, so my buddy went on to another spot. It was almost 10 o'clock when I got there. I first went to Lanzerath to take a few pictures for Steve T. After that I wanted to go back to one of the place's I've researched this winter but had a change of thought, and went to an area not far from the one I had in mind.
    After 3 hours of searching, these were the results:
    -1 Panzerfaust(60M or 100M)with the warhead.
    -1 Bi-pod MG34/42?
    -1 E-tool (German or US?)
    -2 Jerrycans German('43 and '44 dated)
    -1 cylinder-like object with a piece of flexible rubber tube attached to it.
    -4 large conical objects about 15cm in diameter. I don't know what they are and
    the place is full of them.
    -1 small trailer for Wyllis Jeep parked in a meadow.
    I hope you will enjoy.

Grtz,
    Steven

That cones look simmilar to inside of Panzerfaust head, may be somebody was trying to take TNT from them... Or if it is pine forest it can be a bowl for resin, I don't know how they look in western Europe, but here they are with sharp ending.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Back to the Bulge!  

Hi Steven,
    I thought this link to a previous post on the 15cm Nebelwerfer might be useful to you, it'll help you deduce what the heads you found are. I dont think they're Panzer Faust because they're too small and the metal is too thin compared to the heads you found. Anyway have a look and see what you think.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...ose-cap-26448/
    Ps Im looking forward to seeing the results from your next search.
    Best Wishes.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast