Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Back to the Bulge!

Article about: My last trip to the ardennes for a while, Not much to show except a nice nebelwerfer rocket or what was left of it . Next month I will be digging in Germany and meine douce Normandie. Cheers

Default Re: Back to the Bulge!

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    That cylinder with a hose looks like its a respirator (Gas mask) canister or possibly a motorcycle air filter.
    Thanks m3hobby,
    That's what I was thinking, I've asked GasMaksUK to take a look at it, maybe he'll be able to confirm.

Grtz,
    Steven

Quote by Inf Div 121 View Post
    That cones look simmilar to inside of Panzerfaust head, may be somebody was trying to take TNT from them... Or if it is pine forest it can be a bowl for resin, I don't know how they look in western Europe, but here they are with sharp ending.
    Hi Inf Div 121,
    I've found most of them a few feet away from the Panzerfaust.
    The one you show in the picture below has a strong resemblance with the one's I've found.
    I thought they were made of copper, like the ones we still use today.
    The ones I found were made from iron or steel at first sight, but it gave a mixed- and no return signal on my MD, so I could be wrong.
    Thanks for the intel, I'm gonna give them a closer look and take accurate dimensions.

Grtz,
    Steven

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Hi Steven,
    I thought this link to a previous post on the 15cm Nebelwerfer might be useful to you, it'll help you deduce what the heads you found are. I dont think they're Panzer Faust because they're too small and the metal is too thin compared to the heads you found. Anyway have a look and see what you think.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...ose-cap-26448/
    Ps Im looking forward to seeing the results from your next search.
    Best Wishes.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Hi LS,
    I just took a look at the pictures and there is one who does resemble the one in the picture.
    But with the other 3 I'll have to go with Inf Div 121 Panzerfaust option, they all had a small outer rim or wat was left of it.
    I still have to get accurate dimensions and pictures of them all.
    So I can confirm or exclude the different options.
    Thanks for the help LS. Now I know in which direction to look.
    I really appreciate all help that is provided to me on this forum, by the members.

Grtz,
    Steven

Hi, in response to your PM, the filter that you have which has a section of the hose still connected to is from a US Mask, what type exactly I cannot say as several masks used the same type of filter. Very nice finds though

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Hi, in response to your PM, the filter that you have which has a section of the hose still connected to is from a US Mask, what type exactly I cannot say as several masks used the same type of filter. Very nice finds though

Thanks

Danny
    Thanks Danny,
    I knew you would be the one, who could solve this mistery for me.
    The gasmask, unfortunatly, wasn't in the foxhole.

Grtz,
    Steven

You're very welcome glad that I've been able to help you out

Thanks

Danny

Almost forgot to post these.
    A 81mm White phosphorus mortar US, dated 1944.
    Schnee-eifel, last year, even 66 years after been fired there was still WP under the dirt, I don't have to explain what happend during the cleaning
    A bottle marked NORDMARK, I found out it's from the WW2 era but no clue to what it was for...
    What we call a Drill cartridge, I don't know what practical use they had for it on a battlefield?Sadly it's badly dammaged.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Back to the Bulge!   Back to the Bulge!  

Back to the Bulge!   Back to the Bulge!  

Back to the Bulge!  
    Last edited by WW2Hunter; 01-21-2011 at 10:54 PM.

?

Steve, as mentioned before im off to the Ardennes this year, probably May, could you give me some info of areas to visit where i might be able to look for some finds, i know were going to Foy, Malmedy,and some surrounding areas but i definately want to look around the woods where the German lines were, also the allies , but i think we might have just a day in the area so hunting around in an area that could produce absolutely nothing would take a huge chunk from the visit, this will really be my first time looking for items on a battlefield proper, but i dont want to go to areas that are forbidden and end up getting my collar felt for lack of local knowledge, if poss could you pm me with some details, cheers dave

Quote by WW2Hunter View Post
    Hi Inf Div 121,
    I've found most of them a few feet away from the Panzerfaust.
    The one you show in the picture below has a strong resemblance with the one's I've found.
    I thought they were made of copper, like the ones we still use today.
    The ones I found were made from iron or steel at first sight, but it gave a mixed- and no return signal on my MD, so I could be wrong.
    Thanks for the intel, I'm gonna give them a closer look and take accurate dimensions.

Grtz,
    Steven
    Hi, Steven!

Germans used only iron in Panzerfausts, because copper is too expensive.

Regards,
    Andris

?

Quote by Inf Div 121 View Post
    Hi, Steven!

Germans used only iron in Panzerfausts, because copper is too expensive.

Regards,
    Andris
    They used a zinc too.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast