MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bastogne tips

Article about: Going to Bastogne fairly soon... any tips? P.S It's my first time going on a big trip MDing so any beginner tips will also be a big help. I have a garret 250 if that helps.

Default Re: Bastogne tips

It was a forest miester he was a real jerk, All we found was spent M1 rounds. He took my detector that was about 12 years old and broke. I dont hunt in Belgium just Germany Luxemburg and France. There's plenty of good stuff to find in Germany so I will stay out of Belgium BTW it was near Lanzerath in the Waloon district (bad spelling)

I know the place and that forester well.
    I became intrested in the area after reading a thread from Steve T about it.
    You're correct about Germany, Luxemburg and France.
    Gonna get out in 10min to do an afternoon quicky here in beautyfull Normandy.
    Cheers,
    Steven

The I & R platoon positions above the village.........a very sobering place indeed. Kept half the German army at bay for 12 hours. Just ONE platoon !

This platoon had experienced french girls previously,and...you know what love is...?

Gonna get out in 10min to do an afternoon quicky here in beautyfull Normandy.
    Cheers,
    Steven[/QUOTE]

Hey you!!Leave my Normandie alone,héhéhéhé.....Belgians in Belgium!!!!(joking..)
    BTW,aren't you registered on various french diggers forums?

[/QUOTE]Hey you!!Leave my Normandie alone,héhéhéhé.....Belgians in Belgium!!!!(joking..)
    BTW,aren't you registered on various french diggers forums?[/QUOTE]

Hey Seb,
    J'ai grandie en Basse-Normandie je suis moitié Normand, moitié Flammand ça fait un sacré mélange pour habiter en Belgique. For me its like coming home every time I drive over here and a little like dying when I have to leave.
    For the forum question, I'm not on any french forum to my knowledge.

Cheers,
    Steven

Quote by Kolby72 View Post
    It was a forest miester he was a real jerk, All we found was spent M1 rounds. He took my detector that was about 12 years old and broke. I dont hunt in Belgium just Germany Luxemburg and France. There's plenty of good stuff to find in Germany so I will stay out of Belgium BTW it was near Lanzerath in the Waloon district (bad spelling)

I can only advise you to stay away from Luxembourg from now on! It has always been forbidden by law to do any MD'ing and digging. Alltough we have been very lenient till now , the situation has changed drastically, all your equipment will be impounded, your car included, and you will have to face trial! You can say thank you to one of your fellow countryman, the dickhead thought it ok to plunder very valuable ancient grave sites, destroying a very important archaeologiacal site and boasted about it in the internet! Stupid as stupid can! So from now on, either apply for a goverment licence, which you will only get if you are a bona-fide archaeologist or a collaborator of a museum, or stay away.

Is it also forbidden on privat property from now on?

Quote by WW2Hunter View Post
    Is it also forbidden on privat property from now on?
    It has been so for a long time, but the laws were never enforced!

It's a shitty situation where many people get penalized for the actions of just a few irresponsible dumbwits. But I guess that's a sign of our times.

Quote by WW2Hunter View Post
    I don't want to discourage you but most of the Bastogne area has been cleaned out, except for the usual cartridges.
    It is a no-go area for MD except on privat property.
    Agree, most of the "Well" known battlefields have been stripped for items, I have to say I'm glad that it is, because then we would be able to get our hands on them, as well as they wouldn't be rusting away and never see the light again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2