Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Battle of Britain... 'a few'.

Article about: by martynv4 It is the 15th indeed but the parades are usualy held on a Sunday (when it's bound to rain!), so it'll either be the 12th or 19th I believe. Martyn. (Hello Indiana!) hello soggy

Default Re: Battle of Britain... 'a few'.

Quote by martynv4 View Post
    It is the 15th indeed but the parades are usualy held on a Sunday (when it's bound to rain!), so it'll either be the 12th or 19th I believe.

Martyn. (Hello Indiana!)
    hello soggy old england il stick with 40 degrees c instead of back home hoping for 20 and a dry spot lol hows it going mate

Hello over there. Can tha 'ear me reet?

As ever we're hoping for blue skies but the wind chill starts cutting into you now so the order of the day on the parades will be THERMALS! Kids and wives may laugh but we know the truth and their worth.

The local parade is all the usual ceremony and with the added reading out of 33 names, those from the town who were killed in the battle. 32 men and 1 woman. The local air cadets are enroled for that, 33 of them with a name each. Very nice touch.

Then it's off to the R.A.F.A club (yes there's some still open), for a few beers and a nosy to find out who's dead/alive/doing time.

Martyn.

ahh martyn i remeber my air cadet days marching through the town on rememberance sunday finally ending up at the church for services followed by the local 105 detachment to loose off a start and finish shot for the minute of silence then off and in parade formation at the actual memorial itself funnilly enough our lads never did battle of britain day though but i digress , iv always fom before and right through my own service carreer held those days as important and ot be afforded the true honor and respect they deserve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2